What We Do
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Need
We’re looking for a Senior Software Developer (Real-Time Customer-Facing Insights) who gets things done . This position will require a breadth of skills ranging from Software Development to Cloud Technologies.
You are the right candidate if…
- You enjoy having a mission-focus, solving complex problems at scale, and working closely with stakeholders to continually improve the customer experience
- You enjoy an iterative, MVP-first environment.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
What You'll Do
You’ll be working with a cross-functional team focused on creating real-time communication insights. Your work will unlock a customer’s ability to gain value obtained through the use of analytics by providing customers with an instant end-to-end view on communication performance through a single pane of glass. You’ll have an opportunity to own and work the entire stack.
Your stack includes:
- Cloud-Based Analytics Platforms
- Machine Learning / Proactive Monitoring
- RESTful API’s
- Business Intelligence Dashboards
- Data Streaming Technologies
- CICD pipelines
What You'll Need
If you’re our person, you probably look like this:
- Experience building systems with programming language (such as Java, C#, or Go)
- Experience in Designing, Building, and operating high-scale, cloud based (AWS preferred) production systems
- Experience with scale and performance optimization
- You’re passionate about writing testable code, and your non-complex test automation proves it
- You enjoy working on both back-end and front-end projects
- You have experience with both relational and non-relational database technologies
- Experience with test automation patterns and frameworks
- You enjoy mentoring junior and mid-level developers
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or lots of experience
Little Extra For You
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- You’re guaranteed to be given “work that matters.” If you ain’t feelin’ that, let us know. We’ll fix it.
- With our Hacker Hours program, you get protected time to learn, experiment, and build with the technology you want to! You can even submit projects to our yearly Hack-of-the-Year competition complete with awards and prizes.
- When you’re on vacation, nobody is allowed to contact you. No calls, texts, emails… Enjoy your time off.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Corporate chaplains, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership with shuttle service available for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, Bandwidthcares.
- Competitive compensation: $105,000 – $150,000