Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
As a Senior IT Network Engineer you will be responsible for the configuration, deployment, troubleshooting, and maintenance of all corporate network infrastructure on a global scale. This role will have a strong emphasis on customer service both internally and externally. This is a role that requires individuals to be versatile in their skillsets ranging from IP networking, VoIP knowledge, working open-source systems among other things. A passion for design, implementation and management of the current network is pivotal. Have great ideas for our future network, we want to hear them!
What You'll Do:
- Configure and maintain internal corporate routers, firewalls, switches and 802.11 Wireless Access Points.
- Configure, troubleshoot, and maintain Cisco ISE, DNA, FireSIGHT appliances.
- Work in IP Networking environment with special emphasis on routing protocols like BGP, OSPF.
- Work with VoIP Networks and Protocols such as SIP, RTP etc.
- Work in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Act as the primary point of contact for troubleshooting issues related to the network.
- Work with local ISP’s on resolving WAN issues.
- Troubleshoot advanced LAN and WAN issues.
- Responsible for monitoring & reporting issues related to our internal network.
- Provide remote network configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of remote office locations.
What You Need:
- Bachelors Degree
- 5+ years of IT experience
- Experience with mid to large Network Engineering deployments.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco routers, switches, firewalls and VPNs.
- Experience designing, deploying and maintaining Enterprise Wireless Networks.
- Experience Integrating Network Authentication into an Active Directory/Radius Architecture.
- CCNP or equivalent certification
- IPS/IDS Cisco FireSIGHT. Cisco ISE, Cisco DNA, BGP, VoIP experience a plus.
- Familiarity with interpreted programming languages and/or shell scripting (Python, Perl, Bash) plus.
- Familiarity with and working knowledge of Open source VoIP network components (Asterisk and Freeswitch).
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Generous paid time off (PTO) policy including paid parental leave, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.