Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a passionate and talented Systems Engineering Manager who is capable of providing hands-on technical leadership to our to join our growing team and help take our applications to the next level. You will be given a high level of responsibility with the freedom and the potential to make an immediate impact.
What You'll Do:
- Lead your team through regular and timely coaching, one on ones, career development and support.
- Build on a culture of continuous learning and improvement by having regular retrospectives and post mortems, encourage training and grow your own skills.
- Uphold technical excellence by advocating agile principles, setting engineering best practices, challenging the status quo and routinely asking “Why?”
- Empower your team for success whether it is in building the team with new talent, inspiring excellence in your team or giving them the freedom to fail gloriously.
- Operate, maintain, and design Bandwidth’s mission-critical infrastructure and ancillary components.
- Work closely with development and network engineering teams to fulfill infrastructure operational needs.
- Enhance existing automation, and build new automation where needed.
What You Need:
- 5+ years of experience in the Systems Engineering field (or equivalent)
- You’re passionate about helping people continuously improve
- You have over-the-top communication and collaboration skills that enable you to build positive relationships, influencing peers and leaders alike
- You’ve led teams in an agile environment
- You understand technical excellence and what it takes to achieve it
- Operational experience with virtualization technologies - RHEV/oVirt, KVM, VMware.
- Operational experience with enterprise storage technologies such as NetApp ONTAP.
- Operational experience with load balancing technologies such as F5 LTM.
- Operational experience with server platforms such as Cisco UCS.
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining highly available and fault tolerant systems.
- Experience in operating a 24x7x365 customer focused environment.
- Experience in system performance analysis on linux systems.
- Experience with public clouds (ex: AWS) and hands on knowledge of building and automating cloud-based environments.
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership with shuttle service available for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, Bandwidthcares.