Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
Bandwidth’s Number Porting Specialists focus on direct carrier relationships to better assist our customers. Local Number Portability, order processing including placing orders through various software and web-based interfaces, monitoring orders through Portability life cycle, porting on status of orders being worked, dialogue with field technicians during their onsite testing both prior to and on day of customer activation. Work with Clearing House provider and losing Service Provider to establish FOC acceptance. This position will require excellent customer service skills in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment focused on delivering a variety of communications services.
As a Number Porting Specialist, you will be the main point of contact for porting related escalations, internal questions, and customer requests. The ideal candidate will be a leader and a team player that can strategically problem-solve while maintaining focus under pressure. The ideal candidate will be a leader to the team, inviting questions and offering help whenever needed. The ideal candidate must be able to work closely with multiple vendors, building and maintaining relationships, to drive faster resolution of issues.
What You'll Do:
- Works closely with sales and product management to fully understand the LNP, Toll Free, and NextGEN products.
- Assist customers during the number porting process to ensure a seamless transition resolving issues and removing roadblocks throughout the process.
- Order management for local, off net and toll-free numbers through various interfaces including, Iris, ZenDesk, and 3rd party platforms with a high level of accuracy and quality..
- Manage and monitor all stages of order implementation up to and through order completion.
- Provide constant, professional communication of information to customers, vendors, and internal team members via email, phone, chat, and customer user interface.
- Perform follow up actions as necessary for incomplete orders and or rejected orders.
- Obtains and validates CSRs from incumbent LEC or internal sources.
- Obtain a Letter of Agency (LOA) from the customer to request Customer Service Records (CSRs) from incumbent LEC.
- Create and activate telephone numbers in SOA/NPAC.
- Collaborate with team members to improve the overall Porting experience for both customers and Bandmates
- Act as point person during customer and vendor calls maintaining relationships and driving results.
- Follow-through communication on open carrier escalations, provisioning, and system updates.
- Assist internal teams with training opportunities, questions, or issues.
- Be the first level of escalation and coordinate with team leads/managers as needed.
- Cultivate strong relationships with external carriers to facilitate faster problem resolution.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Need:
- BS/BSA or equivalent experience is required.
- 1+ year of working knowledge of the VoIP industry with strong understanding of LNP processes
- Must be able to deliver world-class experiences to customers.
- Advanced experience and expertise with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and/or Google Docs required.
- Ability to both multitask and to transition from task to task in a fast-paced environment
- Acute attention to detail with a high level of accuracy and quality.
- Strong organization skills.
- Must be a solution-oriented problem solver.
- Great communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Willingness to adapt to new processes and procedures.
- Comfortable establishing and documenting new business processes.
- Self-motivated and must work well independently as well as in a team environment.
- Base level knowledge of a variety of Bandwidth products.
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Generous paid time off (PTO) policy including paid parental leave, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.