Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
The VoIP Network Engineer (Ribbon/Sonus) is a position that will involve design, development, deployment, troubleshooting, and maintenance of various tools and services that support Bandwidth's VoIP and nationwide CLEC network. This is a role that requires individuals to be versatile in their skillsets ranging from IP networking, VoIP knowledge, software development, in depth troubleshooting, open-source tools, project organizing, and teamwork.
What You'll Do:
- Engineer, test, and implement unique and complex VoIP solutions across Bandwidth’s network.
- Test and upgrade new Ribbon application versions (SBC, PSX, EMS, SGX, and GSX) to patch software bugs, and to support the creation of new features/products.
- Set up and maintain VoIP software & hardware resources used for testing, training, and demonstrations.
- Conduct iterative testing of Voice over IP software and hardware components during development.
- Provide final escalation point for Bandwidth's NOC and client service departments as subject matter expert for Bandwidth's Ribbon voice products.
- Work with our VOIP vendor Ribbon to resolve issues, discuss engineering new network solutions, and meeting weekly to discuss outstanding issues.
- Create methods and procedures (MOP) documentation for maintenances on Ribbon SBC, PSX, EMS, SGX, and GSX for new features and upgrades.
- Work alongside Site Reliability Engineers as a VoIP/Ribbon subject matter expert to help build automation around operational tasks.
- Work with Network Architects and Product Managers to test new Ribbon SBC, EMS, SGX, PSX, and GSX products and features in the VoIP and CLEC network.
- Provide training to Bandwidth’s NOC and client service departments as subject matter expert for Ribbon voice over IP products and hardware.
What You Need:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience with SIP/RTP.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working on Ribbon equipment (EMS, SBC, PSX, GSX, and SGX).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working on 911 call flows.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience designing and road mapping VoIP solutions.
- Must have experience implementing and troubleshooting VoIP Technologies and VoIP Equipment (Ribbon); Session Border Controllers; Linux and/or Unix environments; various protocols (TCP, UDP, SIP, RTP, DNS, SS7, ISUP); tracking and managing tasks/projects; Sipp, Spectra, and Asterisk.
- Travel required 5% of time to attend conferences
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Corporate chaplains, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership with shuttle service available for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, Bandwidthcares.