What We Do
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, Zoom, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Rover, and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by
Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Need
We’re looking for a Software Developer (Dashboard - DevOps) who will design and develop solutions to transform our monolithic application into microservices. We’re seeking somebody who is a maker, a perpetual learner, and a software artisan. If your idea of fun is losing track of time while geeking out over API architecture and cloud-based infrastructure, we’d like to talk to you.
What You'll Do
- Make it easy for teams to create microservices in AWS so that we can decompose our monolithic Java app
- Automate everything we do through GitHub Actions and infrastructure as code technologies such as CDK and Terraform
- Monitor services with Data Dog visualizations and synthetics
What You'll Need
If you’re our person, you probably look like this:
- Applicants should have 2+ years in a DevOps engineer (or similar) role
- Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructures, Linux/Unix administration, and AWS
- Experience designing, building and deploying applications for the cloud
- Experience with AWS technologies like EC2, ECS, and RDS
- An understanding of network protocols, HTTP, and REST
- Solid written and verbal communication skills in English
- A 4-year technical degree or equivalent experience
Little Extra From You
Wow, it’d be really great if also:
- You have expertise in Java, Spring, TypeScript, and CDK
- You have experience with scale and performance optimization
- You have experience with relational and non-relational database systems
- You have experience breaking down a monolithic application into microservices
Little Extra For You
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well...
- You’re guaranteed to be given “work that matters.” If you ain’t feelin’ that, let us know.We’ll fix it.
- With our Hacker Hours program, you get protected time to learn, experiment, and build with the technology you want to! You can even submit projects to our yearly Hack-of-the-Year competition complete with awards and prizes.
- Your health insurance premiums are 100% paid by Bandwidth. So are your dental insurance premiums. So are your life insurance premiums. It’s pretty nice.
- When you’re on vacation, nobody is allowed to contact you. No calls, texts, emails...Enjoy your time off.
- We provide you with a gym membership, a lunchtime shuttle to the gym, and give you 90 minutes for lunch if you work out.
- Not enough time to hit the gym? There’s a locker room and cardio equipment on the first floor.