Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
The Desktop Support Specialist will be responsible for Mac/Windows/Linux laptop support, assist with GSuite and other Cloud Application support, along with general support of all things IT related. This role is also responsible for the deployment and tracking of IT Assets (i.e. laptops, monitors, & other IT accessories) and onboarding and offboarding of employees. Candidates must have outstanding customer service skills, possess strong communication and presentation skills, and have a proven ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
What You'll Do:
- Work with internal customers to identify, analyze, and effectively solve problems in a timely and organized manner
- Set up, maintain, and troubleshoot desktop, notebook (PC, Mac, Linux) and peripherals
- Install and configure software on Linux, Mac, Windows
- Set up, configure printers, scanners and other peripherals
- Document issue resolution using the help desk ticketing system
- Maintain and track inventory of all hardware and software resources and parts
- Work with outside vendors as needed
- Execute other duties as assigned
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 1+ year’s experience with setup, configuration, troubleshooting of desktop/notebook hardware and software
- Active Directory concepts and administration.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- 2+ years hands on IT experience
- IDaaS and SaaS Administration
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in a structured, process-driven environment.
- Experience supporting a variety of Wi-Fi-enabled environment.
- Experience supporting remote users, including VPN connections.
- Linux: CLI and GUI, OS and package installation, basic troubleshooting.
- Microsoft Windows (7,10) and Office Suite. Mac OS X.
- Some knowledge of TCP/IP networking and related network services (i.e. DNS, SMTP, DHCP, RADIUS, etc.)
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Generous paid time off (PTO) policy including paid parental leave, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.