Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
The Director, Product Management for Messaging leads our product group focused on the global SMS/MMS market which includes both a focus of serving large global 2000 enterprises and the world’s leading SaaS, UCaaS, and CCaaS cloud provider customers. They are responsible for leading a team of product owners, helping set priorities and working with customers to build solutions to solve their problems efficiently. In this role, they are responsible for setting the product vision and direction for the group for the next 2-3 years, instituting product processes, shared goal setting, and working to enable teams to quickly identify and solve customer problems. They are a lifelong agile learner and aspiring or current master of agile processes and have managed products with 3+ scrum teams. They are a coach and mentor to product owners and scrum teams. They own setting the right goals to guide the prioritization of the product direction and product strategy for building new features and products. To ensure the products overall success, they also partner with Marketing, Sales, Operations and Finance, among others, to define and execute the product strategy, and ensure early and repeatable on-going success of major product launches.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
What You'll Do:
- Create and own the long-term product vision, develop the product strategy for bringing the vision to reality and drive execution towards it through product owners and scrum product teams by setting direction and goals.
- Evaluate product progress towards the product vision and be accountable to business outcomes such as product adoption by customers.
- Make key results and goals visible to all stakeholders and interpret them into actionable conclusions and new hypotheses.
- Lead partnership with suppliers and global partners as needed to deliver a complete product solution to customers.
- Be the voice of the customer, collaborate with customers to define capabilities and solutions bringing to market revenue-generating, customer-driven software products.
- Act as primary internal liaison, collaborating with internal stakeholders and users (sales, marketing, support, finance, engineering, etc.) to identify accurate go-to-market strategies which include as needed product GTM plans and pricing frameworks all stakeholders are aligned, have context and understand where we are going.
- Ensure the product is designed based on deep knowledge of the users, market, and technology translating market observations and customer feedback into a prioritized product backlog
What You Need:
- 10+ years of product management experience
- 3+ of people leadership experience, demonstrated ability to recruit, develop and retain your people to form a strong, motivated product team
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working with Agile Scrum Methodologies and designing team topologies partnered with technology people leaders
- Experience managing and growing a SaaS or cloud platform required, messaging experience a plus but not required
- Data focused, ability to combine internal user data and customer feedback to map the product experience
- Highly analytical skills with the ability to translate between strategic business decisions and their quantitative implications
- Blend strategic and tactical thinking- someone who can identify and prioritize opportunities in highly ambiguous contexts, and then organize thematic work areas in deep detail, thus aligning long term vision with iterative execution
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to be personable yet persistent and clearly communicate and engage with key stakeholders like leadership, other product/engineering teams, operations, and customers.
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Generous paid time off (PTO) policy including paid parental leave, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.