Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
We need a User Experience Designer to level-up a team of seasoned and passionate UX professionals and collaborate with product owners to create world-class experiences for users of Bandwidth’s web applications. In this role, you’ll rely heavily on your interaction design skills to create new and enhanced software functions and task flows in low- and high-fidelity mockups. Access to our customers is readily available, and you’ll have opportunities to engage with them regularly, so you should be excited that your designs will be informed by actual product users. You’ll also contribute to our design system, interaction patterns, and UI component library, with a constant eye for expansion and enhancement.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
What You'll Do:
- Advocate for Bandwidth’s application users by proactively engaging with product stakeholders to communicate and prioritize existing and potential UX problem areas, as well as new product features, that have been identified through discovery, validation, and evaluation, customer engagement and research.
- Map requirements to workflows, and design interaction patterns and the user interface with wireframes, low- or high-fidelity mockups, and prototypes.
- Work closely with product owners/managers and developers in the product implementation phase.
- Present concepts and design decisions to the product leadership team, product owners/managers, UX team colleagues, developers, and other stakeholders.
- Ensure consistency of product UIs and other web properties through design specifications that leverage consistent interaction patterns and a standard component library.
- Collaborate with, provide feedback to, and receive feedback from, your UX colleagues regarding project work.
- Advance our strategic UX vision and roadmap and understand how your work contributes to it.
- Identify insights and trends in UX/UI design and the telecommunications industry.
What You Need:
- Well-honed interaction design skills are a must-have, and preferably, evident in a portfolio of past projects.
- Knowledge regarding design systems, information architecture, and Agile/Scrum
- Skills with UI prototyping tools like Figma and Adobe Xd; strong verbal, writing, and presentation skills; bonus points for skills in data visualization, graphic or visual design, or using Pendo to gain behavioral insights.
- Experience with HTML/CSS, software accessibility, or responsive design is a big plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Computer Science, or a related field.
- 3-7 years of experience as a professional UX practitioner, performing interaction design and basic user research with complex web applications using Agile processes.
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Generous paid time off (PTO) policy including paid parental leave, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.