Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Bandwidth is seeking a passionate and hardworking Product Specialist to join the high-growth Messaging product group to help scale and maximize our business potential. The Product Specialist will work with product development teams to launch new products and features with self-service documentation and processes for customers and internal teams. A successful Product Specialist involves a career path with promotional opportunities into Product Management.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
What You'll Do:
As a Product Specialist at Bandwidth, you make it possible for Bandwidth’s Messaging product team to successfully improve the success of existing products by implementing designs and processes to improve the end-to-end customer journey from discovery through post-sale support. You will work with cross-functional teams designed to improve Bandwidth’s operational efficiency and readiness. You will work closely with cross-functional partners including product managers, user experience, developer experience, program/project managers, marketing, sales operations, legal, customer operations, engineering, and technical support to produce processes and written materials to support operational readiness. You will need to be passionate about creating self-service experiences and working with multiple internal partners who are responsible for customer and product success.
- Operationalize New Products - Utilize product knowledge to serve as the Messaging product team's subject matter expert on the end-to-end customer journey and the internal processes required to launch new products and features to ensure customer adoption and success.
- Ensure Operational Team Readiness - Build operational flows and internal processes for new product launches. Ensure the right information and processes exist required to support new Messaging products, including up-to-date documentation, playbooks, guidelines, resolution paths, FAQs, and best practices for end-to-end, go-to-market activities from sales through post-launch support. Create and manage customer-facing FAQs, product descriptions, How-To guides, articles. Assist with product support documentation and project milestones for product launches.
- Build Strong Feedback Loops - Uplevel the understanding of how Messaging products are being marketed, sold, and supported in the real world. Maintain regular communications with core groups throughout Bandwidth to ensure visibility across the organization of operational readiness and best practices. Gather insights and advocate for customer feature enhancements and/or new operational features that will drive efficiency throughout the customer lifecycle. Dig into individual customer issues/CX cases to understand process gaps. Ensure that the loop is closed when Product takes action implementing changes that affect customer facing teams.
- Build a Cross-functional Community - Identify and actively build connections with relevant subject matter experts across the company to surface insights, to get them excited about what your team is building, and to pave the way for smooth future rollouts. Work with operations teams to collect, prioritize and communicate product-related challenges to be considered by product and engineering in future development.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years of product management or operations experience
- Ability to build productive relationships with collaborators
- Proficiency with creating documents, using spreadsheets, and building presentations
- Ability to thrive and maintain accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Analytical, problem solving, communication (written, verbal, and listening) and organizational skills
- Familiarity with Agile
- Experience in Software and technology industry
- Bias-to-action and hands-on experience delivering business results. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty.
- Strong client-facing and internal communication skills at all levels.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Critical thinker and solution-oriented problem solver.
- Strong negotiator.
- Familiarity with APIs or technical knowledge related to APIs a plus
- Experience with Bandwidth’s Messaging products or Operational practices a plus
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Generous paid time off (PTO) policy including paid parental leave, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.