Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
Our Hiring Team Mission:
On the Customer Lifecycle Automation team, our immediate mission is to build out a performant, scalable, and precise AWS solution to support generic Telecom billing. Our Big Harry Audacious Goal is to automate all contracting, provisioning, billing, auditing and invoicing flows.
What We Need:
We’re looking for a Principal Software Developer who gets things done and is capable of being a technical leader within the organization. Someone who sleeps, eats and breathes utilizing the cloud to solve complex problems. If your idea of fun is losing track of time while geeking out over a new technology, we’d like to talk to you.
What You'll Do:
- You’re gonna write great code, and lots of it
- You’ll be a senior member of an agile software development team, and a leading voice in your team’s design and implementation efforts
- You’ll drive end-to-end architecture reviews and discussions with the broader team/organization, playing an influential role in overall product design
- You’ll drive a cloud first approach to solving some of the companies most complex business problems
- You’ll mentor other engineers on the team and across the organization
What You Need:
- 7+ years’ experience in designing and building and operating high-scale, mission critical cloud based (AWS preferred) production systems
- Excellent abilities in high level service design; modeling interfaces and internals in a properly modular, composable, and extensible ways
- Experience with REST API design and implementation
- Understanding and hands-on experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Deep familiarity with best coding standards and proven record of high quality coding skills, ideally with modern Java frameworks
- Experience in a mature CI/CD SDLC environment; implemented exception handling, logging, monitoring, performance measurement, operational metrics knowledge
- Technical leadership to successfully execute and deliver on complex projects
- Ability to balance technical objectives with broader product and impact goals
- Strong communication, partnership, teamwork and influencing skills required. Ability to communicate with and present to engineers, senior management & relevant stakeholders
Little Extra From You
- You have deep experience with AWS (ECS, Fargate, API Gateway, Kinesis, S3 etc.) or another cloud platform, and you “get” how scalable cloud applications are engineered
- You have worked with Docker containers and Kubernetes
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Generous paid time off (PTO) policy including paid parental leave, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.