Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a passionate and talented Telecom Fraud Analyst (3rd Shift, Weekends) to assist with throttling fraudulent traffic across Bandwidth’s Voice and Text Messaging Networks.
The successful candidate opens, solves and closes Fraud/AUP violation related trouble tickets. Monitor network data, identify fraudulent activity and execute fraud mitigation exercises against robo calls, text messaging SPAM, revenue leakage, scam calls and network abuse. Analyze reports, detect patterns, detect threshold crossings, and detect fraudulent anomalies. Engage in fraudulent investigations and escalate to the proper entities. Draft requirements, develop new tools and reports to improve Fraud Mitigation efficiency. Direct/assign team activities, manage days/shifts of team and serve as a team-lead. Responsible for the metrics/measurements and reporting of data to upper management that shows the effectiveness of the whole Fraud Mitigation team, throughout the calendar year.
9:00 PM - 6:00 AM
Thursday - Monday
What You'll Do:
- Determine fraudulent trends by analyzing data patterns and network behaviors.
- Prioritize, investigate and act upon fraud related trouble tickets.
- Analyze reports, call detail records (CDR) and alarms to determine best course of fraud mitigation actions.
- Conduct investigations of suspected, alleged, or known internal and/or external fraudulent activity to ensure minimal loss to the organization.
- Open upstream trouble tickets, email and conduct conference calls with abusive customers and service providers in order to convince them to stop, reduce and eliminate their abusive traffic on Bandwidth’s networks.
- Collaborate with LECs, IXCs and other industry parties on mutual fraudulent events and scams. Support other teams (NOC, Legal, Engineering, Product, Sales) with fraud events, trending and investigations.
- Open, solve and close Fraud/AUP violation related trouble tickets in a timely manner.
- Compile & produce fraud related activity reports for immediate leadership
- Support all products subjected to fraud and abuse 24x7x365 (some nights & weekends may be required)
- Continuously recommend system improvements, and processes to prevent fraudulent activities. Recommend new software tools used for fraud detection, prevention and reporting activities.
- Constantly work toward improving incident response times and becoming more proactive in mitigation/preventing fraud.
- Leads 2 or more Telecom Fraud Analysts in the daily functions of Fraud Operations. This includes shift and “On-Call” assignments, prioritization of tasks, and emergency response assignments.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree, or comparable industry or military experience
- 5-8 years’ experience. 5+ years’ experience in fraud identification/investigation or law enforcement. 3+ years of industry Fraud Mitigation experience
- Solid understanding of telecom and fraud threats, including complex fraud analytics and the identification of traffic/CDR irregularities or abuse. Excellent knowledge of telephony, products and services.
- Skilled in research and reporting data, including database queries spreadsheet operations and data analysis.
- Team leadership abilities in prevention, detection, and mitigation of all fraud/AUP violation activities.
- Professional communication skills (may include with customers, carriers, government agencies, and the public). Ability to prioritize and successfully manage multiple leadership and fraud mitigation tasks and deadlines.
- High degrees of confidentiality and ethics.
- Understanding of SIP protocol, robocalls, toll fraud, SPAM, international fraud techniques and prevention. Leadership training desired, but not required.
- MS Excel, Pivot tables, data graphing, data management and security
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Corporate chaplains, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership with shuttle service available for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, Bandwidthcares.