Who We Are
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
We are looking for an Emergency Services Sales Engineer who has a passion for technology and sales to join our Sales team. As a member of this team, you will play a key role in supporting our sales team and helping take our Emergency Services offerings to the next level.
What You'll Do
- Support the Bandwidth sales team in understanding customer requirements and how to achieve customer goals using Bandwidth technologies
- Create sales presentations and technical content to assist sales and customers
- Quota responsibility for Emergency Services product line growth
- Drive the Emergency Services sales plan, strategy, and positioning for Emergency portfolio with sales reps, prospects and customers
- Conduct regular training sessions and rep evaluation, to assure the sales organization has proficient understanding of the value proposition, how to position and sell the product, and how to leverage Bandwidth’s edge in this space.
- Represent Bandwidth’s Emergency Services expertise to prospects, customers and analysts, at conferences and other venues
- Consolidate and provide product feedback and customer needs to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Operations based on insights gained from working with customers
- Support Bandwidth positioning in policy matters and rule makings relative to 911 regulatory policy
- Work cross departmentally to improve Bandwidth’s go to market plan and support our 1,2, and 3 year plan around this product.
- Analyze competitive marketplace, study available research/analyst commentary, and benchmark company products to competitor products
- Demonstrate leadership attributes that illustrate integrity, passion and initiative…while having fun!
What You Need
- Expert depth of knowledge on public 911 infrastructure and technologies
- Strong background in 911 specifications including legacy, i2, i3 and forward-facing 9-1-1 and telecommunication technologies.
- Basic understanding of current regulatory policy (voice and text) affecting emergency service obligations of OTT application development community
- Understanding of NG911 standards and the industry's current successes and challenges implementing NG solutions
- Understanding of OTT Application segment and intuition on how to enable application developers to revolutionize Emergency services for consumers
- Thorough understanding of 9-1-1 call flows and components including Selective Routers, ALI and MSAG databases, wireline, wireless and VoIP i2 signaling, and ESGWs
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Previous experience in a technical software pre-sales role
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, confident presentation skills a key requirement
- Ability to absorb key technical company differentiators and present back to prospective customers as well as sales employees
- 25-50% Travel
- BS/BA required, extra points if it's in Computer Science or Engineering
Relocation available, let's chat about it!
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Corporate chaplains, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership with shuttle service available for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, Bandwidthcares.