Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a great Sr. Software Engineer for our Network Engineering Tooling Team who writes great code and can take a leading role on critical applications. We need developers who learn quickly and are comfortable diving into the operational internals of major OSS and commercial applications. If you like to solve difficult challenges, the Network Engineering Tooling Team is where you’ll want to be. We need developers who can work well outside the traditional swim lanes of development, think about architecture, and manage supporting infrastructure applications.
What You'll Do:
You’ll be designing and developing lots of great code, working with a team in sprints, and being a leader in finding the right solutions to critical needs often involving incredible amounts of data and the need to scale. You’ll also work with peers to further develop our standards and processes to continue to grow our ability to develop world-class software. You’ll be working on a team that deals directly with many of the core components of our nationwide voice and messaging network.
What You Need:
- You’ve probably spent the last 5+ years as a software engineer; most of that time writing Java, using Spring or other frameworks
- You have a Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer science or a related field or significant development experience
- You’re familiar with both relational and NoSQL databases
- You’re very comfortable in a Linux environment
- You’re great at working independently or collaboratively
What You’ll Learn:
In addition to development, our team makes heavy use of the latest technologies and owns some key infrastructure items. In addition to writing code, you will have the chance to work with:
- Kafka -- with all the enterprise technologies
- Time series databases like InfluxDB/Grafana and/or Prometheus
- Machine learning and anomaly detection
- Docker, Kubernetes, and especially OpenShift
- Automated deployment tools (Ansible, Jenkins)
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Corporate chaplains, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership with shuttle service available for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, Bandwidthcares.