What We Do
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Need
We’re looking for a Product Management Intern - R&D who is hungry for real-world experience on a team that builds highly scalable and reliable software services. We’re seeking somebody who loves thinking about delivering great experiences customers will love. Someone who has the attention to detail, technical vision, and discipline to see things through to completion. Ideally, we’ll find somebody who comes back to work with us full time upon graduation.
If your idea of fun is contemplating the nuances that make technology products great, we’d like to hear from you.
What You'll Do
You’re going to conduct research related to market data and collect customer feedback. You are going to actively work on converting ideas into opportunities through a measured scientific process requiring forming hypotheses, testing them, and helping to draw conclusions from the outcomes. You’ll collaborate with our team to build prototypes, execute technology tests, and work as an integral part of the R&D team. You’ll get exposed to new techniques and technologies, and will get great feedback on your work that will help you advance your skills in Product Management.
What You'll Need
If you’re our person, you probably look like this:
- You’re a candidate for an undergraduate or graduate management, technology, or computer science degree (or similar), and your great work ethic is exemplified by your strong academic record
- You’ll be graduating sometime before June of 2020, and looking for full-time employment in that timeframe
- You have experience with and a deep passion to explore software technology, APIs, microservice architecture and modern telecommunications.
- For you, technology is more than an educational path; it’s a passion. You do it in your free time because it’s what you love to do.
- You’re familiar with web technologies, databases and cloud services such as AWS or Azure. You’ve built or participated in defining working systems that combine these to solve real problems.
A Little Extra For You
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- You’re guaranteed to be given “work that matters.” If you ain’t feelin’ that, let us know. We’ll fix it.
- As a member of our intern program, you’ll obviously gain some great professional experience. You’ll also be part of our intern community, collaborating with other interns from across the company on service projects, fun outings, and training designed to educate you on Bandwidth’s business.
- We provide you with a gym membership, a lunchtime shuttle to the gym, and give you 90 minutes for lunch if you work out.
- Not enough time to hit the gym? There’s a locker room and cardio equipment on the second floor.