Who We Are:
We live for innovation! Our technology powers some of the most exciting brands and technology on the internet with our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services—backed by Bandwidth's own nationwide, all-IP voice network. Simply put, we’re changing the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
What We Are Looking For:
We’re looking for a Software Development Manager who is capable of providing hands-on technical leadership within our software development team. We’re seeking somebody who is passionate about the craft of software development, and who deftly uses their incredible people skills to attain peak quality and performance from their engineering team. If you wake up every day excited to lead and serve your coworkers as they build fantastic products and efficient engineering systems, we’d like to talk to you.
What You’ll Do:
You will serve your development team, facilitating the delivery of business value via high quality software. You’ll coordinate the team through their agile process, ensuring that their work is well formulated, dependencies are satisfied, and that the team is effectively self-organizing and executing. You’ll apply a critical eye to identify opportunities for team improvement, and you’ll work through people to accomplish those goals.
You’ll also be responsible for evaluating and developing individuals. You’ll be a constant coach for your reports, celebrating their successes and helping them to grow to become even better engineers. And when individual performance issues arise, you’ll address them honestly and compassionately, without allowing them to linger.
What You’ll Need:
If you’re our person, you probably look like this:
- You’re passionate about the craft of software engineering
- You have over-the-top communication and collaboration skills that enable you to build positive relationships quickly, influencing peers and leaders alike
- Before you took your career into management, you were an elite software developer and you routinely dig into your team’s code to understand how it works
- You’ve led teams in an agile environment and are steeped in the methods of Scrum and Kanban
- You have a history of driving team performance through automation. You believe in full automation of quality practices and application deployment, and you champion continuous delivery practices
- You have experience delivering web services and service oriented architectures
- You know IP networking, web protocols, and REST
- You’re experienced working with both relational and non-relational database systems
Extra Credit for You:
Wow, it’d be really cool if:
- You have deep experience with AWS or another cloud platform, and you “get” how scalable cloud applications are engineered
- You have worked with Docker containers and Kubernetes
- You have deep expertise in Java and the Java technology ecosystem
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Corporate chaplains, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership with shuttle service available for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, Bandwidthcares.