Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
The VoIP Network Engineer (Sonus/Ribbon) is a position that will involve design, development, deployment, troubleshooting, and maintenance of various tools and services that support Bandwidth's VoIP and nationwide CLEC network. This is a role that requires individuals to be versatile in their skillsets ranging from IP networking, VoIP knowledge, software development, working open-source systems among other things.
- Maintain, monitor, and deploy new Sonus/Ribbon products and features.
- Work with network architects and Product Managers to deploy, implement, and support new products and features in the VoIP and CLEC network.
- Provide training for Bandwidth's NOC and client service departments as subject matter expert for Bandwidth's voice products.
- Provide final escalation point for Bandwidth's NOC and client service departments as subject matter expert for Bandwidth's voice products.
- Perform regular off-hour maintenance for Bandwidth's voice products.
- 2+ years of experience working as a VoIP Engineer.
- 2+ years of experience working on Sonus/Ribbon equipment (EMS, PSX, GSX, SBC).
- 1+ years of experience as either an IP Network Engineer or Linux/Unix Systems Administrator.
- Ability to design, implement and troubleshoot VoIP Technologies and VoIP Equipment (Sonus/Ribbon).
- Familiarity with and working knowledge of Session Border Controllers (SBCs).
- Comfortable working in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Working knowledge of MySQL and Postgres databases.
- Possess excellent technical problem-solving skills.
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Corporate chaplains, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership with shuttle service available for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, Bandwidthcares.