Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointhebandWhat We Are Looking For:
As an Application Engineer (Voice) you will be an instrumental part of the engineering team. This position will architect, deploy, troubleshoot and maintain the various equipment, applications and tools that support Bandwidth's voice infrastructure.This is a role that requires individuals to be versatile in their skillsets ranging from SIP and VoIP knowledge, IP networking, Systems Administration, scripting, and working with open-source systems among other things.
- Work with software developers and external vendors to architect, deploy and support new features and enhancements to current voice products
- Maintain and monitor voice applications
- Develop operational scripting needed to support various internal teams around items such as reporting, monitoring, and automation
- Create documentation outlining the design and support of voice infrastructure
- Liaison between Systems Admins, IP Network Engineers, Technical Architects, Support Teams, and Product Managers to support the needs of the various voice infrastructure
- Provide final escalation point for the NOC and client service departments as subject matter expert for voice infrastructure
- Provide training for the NOC and client service departments as subject matter expert for voice infrastructure
- Perform regular off-hour maintenances for voice infrastructure
- 4+ years of experience as a Network, VoIP or Application Engineer or Linux Systems Administrator
- Experience designing, deploying and maintaining highly reliable and robust in-house written software as well as its supporting infrastructure
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
- Working knowledge of MySQL, Radius, and SNMP
- Ability to create shell scripts and familiarity with Perl, PHP, Python or Java
- Experience working in AWS and/or RHEV environments
- Experience in an Engineering or Support role maintaining SMS and/or MMS products
- Can explain and illustrate SIP call flows and the use of LNP to determine call jurisdiction and proper routing
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Corporate chaplains, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership with shuttle service available for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, Bandwidthcares.