Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
We are currently searching for a Solution Architect to help deliver solutions for our most vital customer segments. This Solution Architect fulfills a critical role as a key stakeholder, designer and technical advocate of various initiatives required to support internet giants and other large enterprise and provider customers. He/she plays an integral role in project scope, product and technical requirements gathering, solution documentation and definition of Epics across all teams contributing to the solution. The Solution Architect works with internal development, engineering and architecture teams to provide ongoing guidance, support, and direction as the initiative is driven to completion.
What You'll Do:
- Work with product, business development and customers to elicit, analyze, and define solution requirements.
- Participate in design and architecture process for new Initiatives to facilitate project startup.
- Create the Epics that drive new product and network capabilities across all affected teams. You’ll work closely network engineering teams, product software development teams and Interface Designers to design the systems that need development and enhancement to deliver the new solution capabilities.
- Provide ongoing guidance, conveying the architectural vision and constraints to the teams during development.
- Develop ideas into concepts that can be reviewed and validated with potential customers and other key internal stakeholders. This may include prototypes to demonstrate capabilities, as well as concept-level strategy and technology descriptions.
What You Need:
- 5+ years of experience working in software development or solution architecture definition
- Bachelor degree (in an engineering or computer science discipline strongly preferred)
- Experience with requirements gathering and technical writing
- Experience and expertise with Telecommunications networks, VoIP and SIP
- Demonstrated ability to engage and delight customers.
- Demonstrated experience with restful HTTP APIs, Software development process, and Large Scale system architecture and design
- Experience with text and multimedia messaging a big bonus
- A fearless, never-settle, attitude that will challenge the way we do things and refuse to accept the status quo. Make us even better than we are today!
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Corporate chaplains, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership with shuttle service available for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, Bandwidthcares.