GO FOR GREATNESS. GO WITH BANA SOLUTIONS.
No tech provider serving government works harder to be great. Maybe you should work with us.
Bana Solutions seeks top technology experts to help realize the Bana vision: providing innovative, best-in-class solutions to the most critical security challenges in government today.
Public sector operations depend on secure information access. There are many good providers in this space. Bana aims for great.
Bana conceives, designs, and delivers secure access management systems for government agencies. We provide expert security consulting services and business intelligence analysis.
In this era, supporting the secure movement of data and identities calls for revolutionary thinkers. Bana rejects business-as-usual order-filling. Our success for DoD and other clients in the defense and intelligence world depends on teams that know how to go farther.
In addition to technical proficiency we prioritize:
- Vendor Neutrality. Beholden to no provider, we configure optimal solutions from the available array of open-source and commercial software and SaaS options.
- Great Communication. Our teams defy the silent-developer stereotype. Explaining our work is a Bana hallmark. Listening? More important still.
- Partnership Mindset. We work shoulder-to-shoulder with clients in long-term relationships.
- R&D Focus. Agencies turn to Bana for business and technical insight, profiting from our investments in research and development and thought leadership.
- Appetite for Fun. Bana people are serious about security, passionate about client service, and – not least – know how to enjoy important, life-enhancing work.
We are working with our customer to modernize legacy applications into newer platforms to provide the ability to containerize the applications and migrate them to cloud infrastructures. Our multidisciplinary development team works closely with the users to prioritize hundreds of applications and their corresponding refactoring. Concurrently, we are building new applications that will change the process by which users perform their daily mission and interact with the tools. This role will be responsible for the initial designs of the application's front end and will work with the team as as a front end developer using modern JS frameworks as the main development language. We are seeking a results-driven Front End Developer who will be consulting with senior business managers on application requirements, incorporating desired functionalities into a responsive UI/UX application using the latest technologies.
Must have experience in implementing new designs, optimizing existing user interface designs, testing for intuitively and experience, communicating with clients to understand their business goals and objectives, developing technical and business requirements and always strive to deliver intuitive and user-centered solutions, combining creativity with an awareness of the design elements, creating prototypes for new product ideas, and conduct an ongoing user research
- Travel: Yes, 5% of the time
- Shift: Day Job
- Potential for Teleworking: No
- Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
- Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
- Years Experience in Field/Career: 3 - 8 years
- Supervisory Responsibilities: no
Responsibilities and Duties
- Gather requirements for front end using graphics software applications, techniques, and tools.
- Illustrates design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps,
- Designs graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Work closely with users to determine the feature set they desire and how to cleanly present this feature set within the application
- Design wireframes of potential designs using modern wireframing tools such as Balsamiq or Adobe XD
- Test designs with users in a focus group setting to determine what works and doesn’t work with the design, and to apply feedback from earlier sessions
- Work with back-end developers to integrate functionality from the server-side of the application
- Test and improve the accessibility and web standards of applications using tools such as screen-readers and alternative forms of navigation
Qualifications and Skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Photoshop or similar tool
- Illustrator or similar tool
- Sketch or similar tool
- NodeJS environment proficiency
- Experience working with a package management tool such as NPM or Yarn
- Experience with building and deploying front-end applications using tools such as Webpack and Babel
- General working knowledge of the full stack in order to diagnose problems and communicate with back-end developers. Deeper knowledge of the server-side layer technologies such as Python, Java, or Ruby on Rails a plus
- Familiarity with web standards for accessibility and how to implement them
- Experience with screen-reading technologies such as JAWS or NVDA
- Familiarity with common design heuristics, such as those developed by Nielson, and how to implement them
- Experience with wireframing tools such as Balsamiq or Adobe XD a plus
Pay & Benefits
Pay and benefits are essential to any career decision. That is why Bana Solutions has taken extensive time in developing a compensation package in which we feel reflects the importance and value our employees.
Non-salary benefits as described below are available to all eligible employees with minor exceptions. Employees in an “alternative employment status” such as consulting or Part time employees, may be eligible for coverage, but may not have access to the full array of benefits.
Bana is dedicated to offering our employees compensation at or above the industry standards using comprehensive benchmarks (from recognized national and regional compensation).
- We aim to attract new top talent and to retain and reward current employees.
- We aim to maximize our ROI of human capital and boost motivation among team members.
- We structure innovative approaches to recognize and reward contributions to our customer's mission, Bana's success and professional achievements.
Health and Wellness
Bana provides comprehensive health coverage, Health and wellness programs are all structured with the health and welfare of you and your family in mind.
- Medical insurance plans cover you and your eligible family members, including domestic partners and domestic children through national PPO and HSA -compatible Medical insurance plans
- Health Savings Accounts (available through our HSA-eligible consumer-directed health plan)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) available to those that are enrolled in a non-HSA compatible medical plan
- Dental insurance (national PPO plan)
- Vision coverage (national insurer)
- Gym membership discounts
- 24/7 Employee Assistance program (EAP) provides you and family members with confidential, personal and web-based support on a wide variety of important and relevant topics to help encourage well-being:
- Mental Health and mindfulness
- Stress management
- Dependent/Elder care
- Financial issues
- Smoking/Diabetic cessation
Life is unpredictable and benefits should provide peace of mind and support for you and your family through every stage of life.
- Company paid Term Basic Life insurance is paid equal to 1 X your annual base salary, with a max of $260,000
- Company paid Accidental Death and Dismemberment is insurance provided equal to 1X your annual base salary, with a max of $260,000
- Company paid Short- and Long-Term Disability insurance. Disability insurance provides benefits that replace part of your lost income when you become unable to work to covered injury or illness.
- Optional Dependent Life Insurance can be purchased on an after-tax basis.
- Spouse or domestic partner coverage
- Child Coverage
- Optional Employee Life/AD&D. If you determine you need more coverage than the Company paid coverage.
- Optional Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Optional Critical Illness Plan
- Optional LifeLock/Norton
- Optional College Tuition Benefit plan
- Optional Pet Discount Plan
- Optional Legal Plan
Time off is essential to your mental wellbeing and professional productivity. We offer several types of leave and strongly encourage the use of leave as appropriate.
Paid Time Off (PTO)
As an eligible employee (Over 30 hrs.) you will accrue paid time off for vacation, personal time, and short-term illnesses. Additionally, 24 hours of vacation can be borrowed before accrual with your manager’s approval.
Eligible employees accrue paid time off for vacations, personal business, and short-term illness. Additionally, 24 hours of vacation can be borrowed before accrual with your manager’s approval.
Paid Parental Leave
Bana Solutions provides maternity/paternity/adoption leave for adoptive and natural parents as a benefit of employment for eligible employees.
Most Bana employees get nine paid holidays each year:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- President’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- Bereavement - Unlimited
- Jury Duty - Unlimited
- Election Day - Unlimited
- Military Reservist Leave - Under the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (“USERRA”), in addition to available PTO, unpaid military leave will also be granted to employees who enter active military service in the armed forces, or who are ordered for an initial period of active duty for training in the reserves or the National Guard.
Employees are eligible to participate in the Bana Solutions 401(K) Retirement plan after completion of 90-day period.
- 100% of contributions on first 4% deferred
- 1% default contribution
- 100% immediately vested
- Up to 4 % company match
Bana believes takes the development of their staff seriously and encourage the use of the following:
- Personal Coaching
- Performance Management
- R&D Opportunities
To round out our stellar benefits we have the below icing on the package:
- Bonus Potential
- Rewards & recognition programs
- Team building activities
- Company events
- IT/Computer Equipment
Resources For Applicants
At Bana, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected, and can succeed. You will also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives.
Bana Solutions is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
A notice describing Federal equal employment opportunity laws can be viewed here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and here: https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf .
You may also view the https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Bana Solutions will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process, nor will Bana ever advance money as part of the hiring process. Bana will communicate with you only through emails that are generated by banasolutions.com automated system. If you receive an email purporting to be from Bana that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accommodation Request: Submit a request for special assistance with your application to email@example.com
Securing Your Data
Bana will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. Bana will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a banasolutions.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Bana Solutions that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Bana will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.