A Little Bit About Us:
Balto’s mission is to power a new era of knowledge work in the contact center, and we're creating awesome technology to do just that. If you're excited by the opportunity to join a dynamic team initiating a technological revolution in Real-Time Guidance, Balto is for you.
More than just a company, Balto is a community. A community committed to empowering each of our members. This mission is at the heart of our organization. As a member of our Technical Success team, you’ll act as the voice of the user, drive efficient implementation & product engagement from onboarding to continued adoption, and investigate solutions for complex technical issues.
Balto's Real-Time Guidance understands phone conversations and tells people what to say, live in their conversations. In 2018, Balto guided less than a million conversations; today, Balto has guided hundreds of millions of conversations.
Balto's customers, including name-brand retailers and Fortune 500s, use Balto's real-time guidance technology to scale "perfect" to thousands of sales and service agents with the push of a button and get immediate insight into what's working on their phone calls and what's not.
But enough about us, let's talk about you!
Here's What a Technical Support Specialist Does
"People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.”
-- Theodore Roosevelt
Balto's Technical Success team members are at the front line of our customers' challenges. You will take a leading role in resolving, troubleshooting, and strategically following up to ensure top-tier customer success. As a TSS, you are also helping agents at the ground floor get the most value out of our proprietary and groundbreaking AI technology. The best Technical Support Specialist will connect data points and identify themes of opportunity or areas for technical improvement for the product. At Balto, you will have the time, resources, and trust to do what you do best: successfully troubleshoot tough technical problems and help customers with their challenges.
So what does it take to fulfill this crucial role?
We are looking for someone with a demonstrated history of diving into unknown topics and new skills. You might be a great fit if you genuinely care about the issues customers run into, enjoy resolving them, and can communicate technical information in varying degrees of detail depending on the technical aptitude of the listener. A great TSS is a logical thinker, creative problem solver, and is resourceful, always looking for ways to improve success and efficiency for themselves, their colleagues, and their customers.
What kinds of responsibilities might you take on?
- Investigate and resolve customer inquiries regarding Balto products and services
- Interact with customers through email and video conferencing
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Customer Success Managers, Implementation Managers, and the Sales Team to handle a variety of post-sales service functions
- Investigate reported technical issues to discover root causes and find solutions
- Provide ongoing support to customers for technical issues, including talking customers through a series of actions to resolve a problem, and then following up to ensure the problem is resolved
- Log all calls and support requests
- Technical documentation development for both internal and external audiences
- Help make our integrations successful:
- Troubleshoot complex integration issues
- Take the lead on post-implementation projects related to integrations
- Conduct post-live integration checks during low implementation manager bandwidth periods
- May act as a consultant on integration, firewall, networking, and other issues during Implementation
Skills & Requirements
- Strong troubleshooting and deductive reasoning
- Highly organized and methodical
- Comfortable in a customer-facing role
- Knowledgeable in networking, firewall, and VPN
- Clear and concise verbal and written communications
- Great rapport-building skills
- Ability to contribute and adapt to evolving support procedures
- Very comfortable in Windows (10+) and MacOS environments
- Knowledge or experience related to CCaaS or VoIP softphone applications highly desired, but not required
- Experience writing, reading, or editing common coding languages a plus (Python, JSON, etc.)
- Experience with DataDog highly desired, but not required
We have plenty of benefits. Baltonians rave about these the most.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance to make quality healthcare affordable.
- Life insurance to protect your loved ones in the worst-case scenario.
- 401k to save for your retirement.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and holidays, including Civic Engagement PTO, to give you the flexibility to make relaxation, family, and community priorities.
- Generous stock options, so you can be a meaningful owner of the company as it grows.
- A quarterly professional development stipend of $500 to inspire continuous professional growth. You can use it for nearly anything that makes you a better version of yourself - from chess lessons to college courses (this one is definitely a crowd-favorite).
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents.
Anchor on success: We set goals that align with success, and don’t settle for “good enough.”
Love every customer: We care for and appreciate our customers, no matter their size, industry, or sophistication.
Talk things out: We assume positive intent in others, talk through disagreements, and create open lines of communication across departments and levels.
Start with gratitude: We stay humble, recognize others, and make the most of everything.
Always be growing: We never stop learning. We seek to be a force of growth for ourselves and others.
Own the work: We are drivers who seek to fix things and push forward towards the solution. We don’t wait for problems to solve themselves.
We have all kinds of people, including musicians, chefs, painters, gear heads, gardeners, spreadsheet-enthusiasts, gamers, movie buffs, and hockey players. We love adding new perspectives, interests, and backgrounds to our team!
Baltonians say things like:
- "Coming together as a team to build something innovative and unique."
- "Contagious energy that keeps me motivated all day."
- "I L-O-V-E it at Balto since day one! They know how to have fun while getting the work done."
Is Balto named after that Cartoon Dog?
Well, kind of - that cartoon dog was actually named after a real dog. Balto successfully guided his pack through a harrowing journey across Nome, Alaska, in 1925 to deliver medicine to the ice-locked town. We liked the metaphor: our technology guides people to be successful throughout their conversations, scouting ahead and providing helpful support. Like in 1925, a human is still in charge, but humans (and dogs) are always better off with a companion.
Fun Fact: After his journey, Balto was recognized as a hero with a commemorative statue in Central Park. We've visited, and he looked like this.
Balto is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual preference, age, and veteran or disability status.