Baker is a customer engagement platform for cannabis dispensaries & brands. We make smart products like personalized messaging, loyalty, and online shopping to keep your customers coming back. With expertise in retail, technology, and cannabis, we have created an industry-specific tool that allows dispensaries and brands to engage with customers and build brand loyalty through a personalized shopping experience. We are in more than 550 dispensaries across 15 states - we've grown from 18 to 45+ employees this year alone with no plans of slowing down!
Who You Are
Ideal candidates will take pride in being fast learning, detail-oriented, efficient, proactive, disciplined, hard-working, and team-collaborative - just to name a few. You should be comfortable working within a team structure, as well as being an individual contributor.
This role’s primary responsibility is migrating a monolithic LAMP environment to microservices with NodeJS leveraging the KOA framework. This code base is well architected and contains nearly 1 million lines of code. This role will also participate in greenfield development of new product features.
- Maintaining Node-backed platform codebase, leveraging MVC frameworks
- Database administration and optimization of MySQL and Postgres databases
- Research and development of forward thinking technologies and frameworks pitted to benefit the core platform
- Work with various teams to integrate backend systems with current and future product offerings
- 3-4 years experience with full stack software development
- Senior level knowledge of Node.js frameworks (2+ years)
- Proficient in relational database management systems (RDBMS) including MySQL or Postgres
- Senior level knowledge of modern HTML/CSS practices
- Senior level knowledge of API design and development
- Detailed understand of continuous integration (CI) practice and testing disciplines
- High-level understand of AWS systems and services
- Computer Science or related degree
- A positive relationship with cannabis products and industries
Nice to Haves
- Competency in other coding languages such as PHP, Python, Java, RoR, etc
- In-depth knowledge of AWS service as ElasticSearch, ElasticCache, Lambda, API Gateway, etc
- Past experience in cannabis, i.e. cannabis technology, agriculture, infrastructure, retail, etc
- Knowledge of high-availability (HA) coding practices and strategies
- Active Github account