Baker is a CRM platform for cannabis dispensaries & brands. We build smart products like targeted marketing tools, loyalty programs, and online shopping technology to keep your customers coming back. With expertise in retail, technology, and cannabis, we have crafted several industry-specific tools that allows dispensaries and brands to engage customers, retain customers and build brand loyalty through a personalized shopping experience. We are currently in more than 800 dispensaries across 20 states and Canada - we've grown from 18 to 60+ employees this year alone with no plans of slowing down!
We are very proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Who You Are
You take pride in being fast learning, precise, efficient, enthusiastic, focused, hard-working, and collaborative - just to name a few. You are comfortable working within a team structure, as well as being an individual contributor. You are not only comfortable with but actively seek change as an opportunity for growth.
Do you find yourself constantly researching state-of-the-art technology?
Do you love debating the merits of different solutions?
Can you voice your opinion about a potential solution but allow yourself to be convinced that there may be a better option?
If so then we'd love to speak with you!
As a Sr. Full Stack Engineer at Baker your primary responsibility is to help us continue to move our platform forward through a period of rapid scale. This position is Full Stack in the truest sense of the word as you may be asked to dive into our legacy PHP code-base one day and six months later find yourself working on rolling out a new endpoint for our GraphQL API. We are looking for you to bring your desire to be flexible to the table which allows us to grow our offering and allows you to grow your skill-set alongside a team of like-minded, driven, focused and flexible engineers.
- Help design overall architecture of the our applications
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness and speed of various micro-services
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering and product team to design and launch new features
- Maintain code integrity and organization
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection
- Computer Science or related Degree+ 2yrs of professional development experience or Other Degree + 5yrs of professional experience as a developer
- Proficient in relational database management systems (RDBMS) such as MySQL or Postgres
- Senior level knowledge of API design and development
- Detailed understand of continuous integration (CI) practice and testing disciplines
- High-level understand of AWS systems and services
- Knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial or SVN
- A positive relationship with cannabis products and industries
Nice to Haves
- High level of comfort working in an Agile environment.
- In-depth knowledge of AWS service as ElasticSearch, ElasticCache, Lambda, API Gateway, etc.
- Past experience in cannabis, i.e. cannabis technology, agriculture, infrastructure, retail, etc.
- Knowledge of high-availability (HA) coding practices and strategies
- Active Github account