VP of Product
Baker is a fast growing technology startup that is helping power the newly legal cannabis industry. At Baker, we believe the cannabis shopping experience should be as comfortable and personalized as it is in every other retail environment. Unfortunately, because of strict policy and antiquated technology, business owners have been caught in a race to the bottom, forced to slash prices just to stay competitive. With expertise in retail, technology and cannabis we have created an industry-specific tool that allows dispensaries and brands to engage with customers and build brand loyalty through a personalized shopping experience.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING
At Baker, we care deeply about the product we put in front of our clients. You’ll participate in defining our product vision and bringing it into the world -- but you’ll also need to roll up your sleeves to help execute on the strategy to get us there (getting to know our customer profile, building product roadmap, etc.). You’ll report directly to the CPO and be a key member of the leadership team, participating in strategy discussions.
You’ll manage our growing design team. While we need you to improve upon and scale our current product, you’ll also be responsible for shipping new products as we launch into new markets. The current team includes Project Management, Product Management, UI/UX, Design and Web Development.
- Lead product strategy and execution
- Work with CPO and leadership team to drive company strategy
- Develop and manage the product roadmap
- Define launch timelines and release goals to meet business needs
- Build a deep understanding of our customers through market research, customer interviews, and usage studies
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of emerging products, competitor landscape and customer needs benefiting Publishers to define future products
- Communicate and get cross-team buy-in on product vision and roadmap
- Build and maintain product management process
- Establish and monitor product usage metrics to inform product decisions
- Perform competitive research to build awareness of product development options
- Recruit, train, and manage top-tier design and product talent
WHO ARE YOU?
- You have 8+ years of product experience with demonstrated success scaling a high-growth business
- You have a successful track record as a Product leader with technical chops (or if you are an Engineering Leader with product chops, tell us more!)You have lead an Agile product development team with measurable results you can point to, from both output and cultural cohesion perspectives
- You care deeply about culture -- you’ve always wanted to work at a company that values bringing your whole self to work
- You’re a manager of a team with phenomenal leadership and management skills (1:1’s, reviews, hiring, coaching, etc)
- You’re a collaborator making people feel heard, though you are able to say “no” or make the tough calls needed to better serve the business and our customers
- Strong analytical skills working with data to make product decisions
- Strong technical background and able to effectively communicate with engineering teams
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Stock Options
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible PTO Policy