Baker is a customer engagement platform for cannabis dispensaries & brands. We make smart products like personalized messaging, loyalty, and online shopping to keep your customers coming back. With expertise in retail, technology, and cannabis, we have created an industry-specific tool that allows dispensaries and brands to engage with customers and build brand loyalty through a personalized shopping experience. We are in more than 550 dispensaries across 15 states - we've grown from 18 to 45+ employees this year alone with no plans of slowing down!
Who You Are
Ideal candidates will take pride in being fast learning, detail-oriented, efficient, proactive, disciplined, hard-working, and team-collaborative - just to name a few. You should be comfortable working within a team structure, as well as being an individual contributor.
At Baker, we care deeply about the product we put in front of our clients. You’ll participate in defining our product vision and bringing it into the world -- but you’ll also need to roll up your sleeves to help execute on the strategy to get us there (getting to know our customer profile, building product roadmap, etc.). You’ll report directly to the CPO and be a key member of the leadership team, participating in strategy discussions.
You’ll manage our growing design team. While we need you to improve upon and scale our current product, you’ll also be responsible for shipping new products as we launch into new markets. The current team includes Project Management, Product Management, UI/UX, Design and Web Development.
- Lead product strategy and execution
- Work with CPO and leadership team to drive company strategy
- Develop and manage the product roadmap
- Define launch timelines and release goals to meet business needs
- Build a deep understanding of our customers through market research, customer interviews, and usage studies
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of emerging products, competitor landscape and customer needs benefiting Publishers to define future products
- Communicate and get cross-team buy-in on product vision and roadmap
- Build and maintain product management process
- Establish and monitor product usage metrics to inform product decisions
- Perform competitive research to build awareness of product development options
- Recruit, train, and manage top-tier design and product talent
- You have 8+ years of product experience with demonstrated success scaling a high-growth business
- You have a successful track record as a Product leader with technical chops (or if you are an Engineering Leader with product chops, tell us more!)
- You have led an Agile product development team with measurable results you can point to, from both output and cultural cohesion perspectives
- You care deeply about culture -- you’ve always wanted to work at a company that values bringing your whole self to work
- You’re a manager of a team with phenomenal leadership and management skills (1:1’s, reviews, hiring, coaching, etc)
- You’re a collaborator making people feel heard, though you are able to say “no” or make the tough calls needed to better serve the business and our customers
- Strong analytical skills working with data to make product decisions
- Strong technical background and able to effectively communicate with engineering teams
Nice to Haves
- Previous SaaS experience
- Silicon Valley tech experience