We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager to manage the conceptualization, design, development, and release of new features and products. In this role, you will ensure that our dedicated design and engineering teams build and maintain a line of products that consistently pushes the forefront of the cannabis technology industry.
We operate in a customized methodology leaning more heavily towards waterfall than agile, and are seeking a Product Manager to help us accelerate new project scoping as well as to share in designing the product vision for the company.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience overseeing a software product line.
- Experience owning product development for both mobile and web-based software products.
- A track record of delivering product initiatives from concept through to completion and successful launch.
- Experience operating as a product owner in an agile, scrum and/or waterfall software development environment.
- Ability to anticipate, recognize, and push through resistance or setbacks, and to work with others to find common ground amongst conflicts.
- Ability to multitask in a startup environment with ambiguity around scheduling and priorities.
- Collaborate with the Chief Product Officer on product vision and pipeline.
- Collaborate with other product managers to envision, define, and execute new strategic initiatives.
- Interface with clients and partners to understand the business and technical needs of new products.
- Write complex technical specs based on project requirements.
- Write meticulous user stories based on technical specs.
- Write in-depth user stories against complex specs, with appropriate language for readability by the CS team, Product team, and Engineering team.
- Work closely with product team through all phases of the product lifecycle.
- Work closely with the Project Manager to meet deadlines and collaborate throughout each project.
- Consider cost, customer priorities, level of effort, and timing.
- Manage tracking systems in place to the measure quantitative and qualitative success of each product, and use this information to guide ongoing product decisions.
- Work directly with an engineering team in all facets of day-to-day software development to deliver upon business priorities.
- Coordinate quality assurance processes and action items.
- Specification / scope of work writing.
- Experience writing user stories for complex projects.
- Project management, timeline coordination and resource management.
- Experience within an Agile product team, and expertise with an iterative approach to product development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Communication in person and via project management software.
- A track record of shipping software products on time.
- Technical understanding that allows you to communicate effectively with engineers.
- Experience working with sales professionals to develop a deep understanding of customer needs.
- Strong analytical background to seek data driven rigor in decision-making.
- Willingness to respond to team needs at all hours.
- Humility and the ability to accept and manage feedback.
- Ability to have fun and inspire team members to enjoy work, be action-oriented and stretch their imagination.
Necessary Software skills
- Mac OSX
- Google Docs/Sheets
- Balsamiq / other wireframing systems
- Microsoft Excel
- Other project management systems