At Baker, we believe the cannabis shopping experience should be as comfortable and personalized as it is in every other retail environment. Unfortunately, because of strict policy and antiquated technology, business owners have been caught in a race to the bottom, forced to slash prices just to stay competitive. With expertise in retail, technology and cannabis we have created an industry-specific tool that allows dispensaries and brands to engage with customers and build brand loyalty through a personalized shopping experience.
As DevOps engineer, you will be in charge of system infrastructure demands ranging from production applications, development infrastructure, automation, code deployment, data security and system reliability. You will work closely with platform engineers to ship products of the highest caliber. This is a key role that directly impacts business health.
Who you are:
Ideal candidates will take pride in being fast learning, detail oriented, efficient, proactive, disciplined, hard-working and team-collaborative, just to name a few. You should be comfortable working within a team structure as well as being confident contributing alone on projects.
- Maintain existing DevOps process while making moves on constant improvement
- Choosing best practices when it comes to process and security
- Writing clear, concise documentation on implementations and process improvements
- Finding creative ways to improve scalability and reliability
- Creating systems to monitor architecture health (performance, scalability)
- Taking ownership in the stack - solidifying the future of the system and really taking pride in what you're creating
- Proficiency in Linux/Unix-based operating systems
- Proven experience utilizing various AWS services including EC2, RDS, Redshift, Lambda, ElasticCache, CodeDeploy and S3
- Strong skillsets in database design, maintenance and scaling with MySQL, Postgres and Redis
- Experience with deployment automation utilities (CircleCI, Chef, CodeDeploy, etc)
- Knowledge and working understanding of system languages (C/C++, Python, Rust)
- Firm understanding of web application uptime and scaling practices
- Strong discipline in creating and maintaining documentation
- Diligent about modern security practices and implementations, especially with data warehousing
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge and understanding of compliancy requirements (HIPAA, Safe Harbor, PCI, SOC)
- Participation in open-sourced projects in the respective field
- Examples of having planned or implemented large scale web applications in use in the wild
- Experience in startup environments
- Past experience in cannabis, i.e. cannabis technology, agriculture, infrastructure, retail, etc