At Baker, we believe the cannabis shopping experience should be as comfortable and personalized as it is in every other retail environment. Unfortunately, because of strict policy and antiquated technology, business owners have been caught in a race to the bottom, forced to slash prices just to stay competitive. With expertise in retail, technology and cannabis we have created an industry-specific tool that allows dispensaries and brands to engage with customers and build brand loyalty through a personalized shopping experience.
We are looking for qualified candidates to fill a senior-level frontend engineering position. In this position, you will be working with various other engineers and teams including product, front-end and back-end, creating new features and products as well as general maintenance on existing products and components.
Who you are:
Ideal candidates will take pride in being fast learning, detail oriented, efficient, proactive, disciplined, hard-working and team-collaborative, just to name a few. You should be comfortable working within a team structure as well as being confident contributing alone on projects.
- Developing and maintaining our suite of React apps
- Contributing to internally shared components and utilities
- Translating mocks into pixel perfect markup
- Optimizing for stability and performance at both an architectural level and individual component scope
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Proven experience with popular React.js workflows
- Proven experience with RESTful APIs
- Proven experience with code versioning tools such as Git, SVN, etc
- Proven experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
Nice to haves:
- Competency in other coding languages such as PHP, Python, Node.js, etc
- In-depth knowledge of AWS service as ElasticSearch, ElasticCache, Lambda, API Gateway, etc
- Past experience in cannabis, i.e. cannabis technology, agriculture, infrastructure, retail, etc