Baker is a customer engagement platform for cannabis dispensaries & brands. We make smart products like personalized messaging, loyalty, and online shopping to keep your customers coming back. With expertise in retail, technology, and cannabis, we have created an industry-specific tool that allows dispensaries and brands to engage with customers and build brand loyalty through a personalized shopping experience. We are in more than 550 dispensaries across 15 states - we've grown from 18 to 45+ employees this year alone with no plans of slowing down!
Who You Are
Ideal candidates will take pride in being fast learning, detail-oriented, efficient, proactive, disciplined, hard-working, and team-collaborative - just to name a few. You should be comfortable working within a team structure, as well as being an individual contributor.
We are looking for qualified candidates to fill a senior-level frontend engineering position. In this position, you will be working with various other engineers and teams including product, front-end and back-end, creating new features and products as well as general maintenance on existing products and components.
- Developing and maintaining our suite of React apps
- Contributing to internally shared components and utilities
- Translating mocks into pixel perfect markup
- Optimizing for stability and performance at both an architectural level and individual component scope
- 2-3 years experience with ReactJS
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Proven experience with popular React.js workflows
- Proven experience with RESTful APIs
- Proven experience with code versioning tools such as Git, SVN, etc
- Proven experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
Nice to Haves
- Competency in other coding languages such as PHP, Python, Node.js, etc
- In-depth knowledge of AWS service as ElasticSearch, ElasticCache, Lambda, API Gateway, etc
- Past experience in cannabis, i.e. cannabis technology, agriculture, infrastructure, retail, etc
- Data visualizations (D3.js)
- Virtual reality experience