At Baker, we believe the cannabis shopping experience should be as comfortable and personalized as it is in every other retail environment. Unfortunately, because of strict policy and antiquated technology, business owners have been caught in a race to the bottom, forced to slash prices just to stay competitive. With expertise in retail, technology and cannabis we have created an industry-specific tool that allows dispensaries and brands to engage with customers and build brand loyalty through a personalized shopping experience.
This is a part-time position.
We are looking for qualified candidates to fill a mid-level quality assurance position. You will be responsible for testing new product features before release to the public. You will be expected to run through pre-scripted user stories, and log successes and failures of the product functionality. You will be working with our product team to ensure that all development work is accompanied by a testing plan before being released to production.
Who you are
Ideal candidates will take pride in being fast learning, detail oriented, efficient, proactive, disciplined, hard-working and collaborative, just to name a few. You should be comfortable working within a team structure as well as working on solo projects with tasks and deadlines.
- Manually test the functionality of Baker products and features
- Dynamically adapt test approaches to the context of each project
- Perform exploratory testing
- Develop and execute test cases and document results
- Log clear, reproducible bug reports
- Work with product and dev to ensure timely testing coverage according to project schedules
- Experience in a product-related, software-related, or QA role
- A curious and skeptical tester’s mindset
- Methodical and meticulous nature
- Software testing experience on desktop/web applications
- Ability to follow direction, take ownership of assignments, and work well with others
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical people at various levels
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Ability to operate in situations with ambiguous or incomplete information
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple activities and projects at the same time
Nice to haves
- Experience with automation tools and process
- Experience in startup environments
- Experience in the cannabis industry