At Baker, we believe the cannabis shopping experience should be as comfortable and personalized as it is in every other retail environment. Unfortunately, because of strict policy and antiquated technology, business owners have been caught in a race to the bottom, forced to slash prices just to stay competitive. With expertise in retail, technology and cannabis we have created an industry-specific tool that allows dispensaries and brands to engage with customers and build brand loyalty through a personalized shopping experience.
Who you are:
Ideal candidates will take pride in being fast learning, detail oriented, efficient, proactive, disciplined, hard-working and team-collaborative, just to name a few. You should be comfortable working within a team structure as well as being confident contributing alone on projects.
- Collaboration, integrity, hustle, kaizen, and humor.
- An expert-level handle on visual design fundamentals: layout, typography, color theory, etc.
- Maintain and update brand assets and guidelines
- 2 - 4+ years responsive/UI design experience with a portfolio available for review
- Receive UX wireframes and generate pixel-perfect UI mockups for the engineering team
- Produce screen-by-screen design files, as communicated by the UX team
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Interpret the Baker design guidelines into on-brand mobile and web design files
- Work quickly with an iterative approach to produce dev-ready design files
- Meet deadlines, maintain organization, and demonstrate clear communication
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Humility and the ability to accept and manage feedback
- Communication in person and via project management software
- User Interface design
- Live user Testing
Necessary Software skills
- Mac OSX
- HTML + CSS
- Photography experience
- Visual design experience