At Baker, we believe the cannabis shopping experience should be as comfortable and personalized as it is in every other retail environment. Unfortunately, because of strict policy and antiquated technology, business owners have been caught in a race to the bottom, forced to slash prices just to stay competitive. With expertise in retail, technology and cannabis we have created an industry-specific tool that allows dispensaries and brands to engage with customers and build brand loyalty through a personalized shopping experience.
We are looking for qualified candidates to fill a UX Designer position. In this position, you will be working with various other engineers and teams including product, front-end and back-end, creating new features and products as well as general maintenance on existing products.
Who you are:
Ideal candidates will take pride in being fast learning, detail oriented, efficient, proactive, disciplined, hard-working and team-collaborative, just to name a few. You should be comfortable working within a team structure as well as being confident contributing alone on projects.
- Collaboration, integrity, hustle, kaizen, and humor.
- 2 - 4+ years UX design experience with a portfolio available for review
- Conducting user research and testing
- Developing wireframes and task flows based on user needs
- Collaborating with Designers and Developers to create intuitive, user-friendly software
- Work closely with product team on all design elements of the product lifecycle.
- Take complex information sets and meticulously create specs
- Demonstrate the ability to design intuitive site functionality, interaction, site architecture, user interfaces, and navigation
- Manage workflow and deadlines using our task-management systems
- Understand product specifications and user psychology
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback
- Create personas through user research and data
- Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success
- Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
- Work with UI designers to implement attractive designs
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
- Humility and the ability to accept and manage feedback
- Analytical mind with a business acumen
- Project management
- Excellent communication
- Specification / scope of work writing
- User Experience design
- User Testing
Necessary Software skills
- Mac OSX
- HTML5 + CSS3
- Pivotal Tracker
- Photography experience
- Experience designing infographics
- Search Engine Optimization