Senior UX Designer
At Baker, we believe the cannabis shopping experience should be as comfortable and personalized as it is in every other retail environment. Unfortunately, because of strict policy and antiquated technology, business owners have been caught in a race to the bottom, forced to slash prices just to stay competitive. With expertise in retail, technology and cannabis we have created an industry-specific tool that allows dispensaries and brands to engage with customers and build brand loyalty through a personalized shopping experience.
Who you are:
Ideal candidates will take pride in being fast learning, detail oriented, efficient, proactive, disciplined, hard-working and team-collaborative, just to name a few. You should be comfortable working within a team structure as well as being confident contributing alone on projects.
- Collaboration, integrity, hustle, kaizen, and humor.
- 2 - 4+ years UX/product design experience with an online portfolio available for review.
- Solid grasp on design fundamentals: layout, typography, color theory, brand integration, style and brand guideline adherence, etc.
- Expertise in interaction design concepts: interaction design, information architecture, interface design, user research, usability testing and user experience.
- Experience with designing for multiple form factors/screen sizes and associated scenarios and use-cases with an understanding of limitations and capabilities of relative platforms.
- Demonstrate understanding of interaction models, design patterns, and best practices including the ability to explore and select optimize options.
- Utilize, establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards.
- Create low and high fidelity wireframes/designs with considerations for various scenarios and user flows.
- Define, create, comprehend, and provide improvements on project specs.
- Ability to evaluate, translate and visualize feature requirements and specs into designs, user flows and experience maps.
- Ability to research, explore and define innovative product and user experience solutions.
- Generate low and high fidelity prototypes for usability testing and user research.
- Help define, participate and conduct usability and user research engagements.
- Analyze and synthesize user and research data into tangible and meaningful information with application.
- Generate and interpret user personas and user roles.
- Clearly communicate designs and concepts to other teams and departments.
- Skilled with various design to development production tasks, such as asset preparation, interaction models and design spec communication.
- Work closely and collaborate with product and engineering teams on all phases of the product design lifecycle.
- Ability to evaluate projects and provide project plans, estimates and scheduling details.
- Manage process and tasks in various task management systems and tools.
- Contribute to process definition and enhancements with product team and between various departments.
- Meet tight deadlines and fast-paced schedules with potential of change or pivoting.
- Humility and the ability to accept and manage feedback
- Analytical mind with a business acumen
- User experience, interface, and interaction design expertise
- User research and usability testing
- Designing for multiple device, screen size and platform (Web, mobile web)
- Attention to detail and craftsmanship
- Innovative and creative thinking
- Excellent communication and articulation
- Specification / scope of work writing
Necessary Software & Tools
- Mac OS X
- Adobe CC: Photoshop, Illustrator, AE
- Invision or other prototype tools (Proto.io, Principle)
- Google Apps
- Experience designing infographics
- Illustration and graphic design
- Motion graphics and animation
- Data science and analytics