At Baker, we believe the cannabis shopping experience should be as comfortable and personalized as it is in every other retail environment. Unfortunately, because of strict policy and antiquated technology, business owners have been caught in a race to the bottom, forced to slash prices just to stay competitive. With expertise in retail, technology and cannabis we have created an industry-specific tool that allows dispensaries and brands to engage with customers and build brand loyalty through a personalized shopping experience.
We are looking for qualified candidates to fill a senior-level backend engineering position. In this position, you will be working with various other engineers and teams including product, front-end and back-end, creating new features and products as well as general maintenance on existing products.
Who you are:
Ideal candidates will take pride in being fast learning, detail oriented, efficient, proactive, disciplined, hard-working and team-collaborative, just to name a few. You should be comfortable working within a team structure as well as being confident contributing alone on projects.
- Maintaining PHP-backed platform codebase, leveraging the Yii framework
- Database administration and optimization of MySQL and Postgres databases
- Research and development of forward thinking technologies and frameworks pitted to benefit the core platform
- Work with various teams to integrate backend systems with current and future product offerings
- A positive relationship with cannabis products and industries
- Minimum 2 years credited experience working as a senior engineer
- Senior level knowledge of PHP frameworks running on LAMP stacks
- Proficient in relational database management systems (RDBMS) including MySQL or Postgres
- Senior level knowledge of modern HTML/CSS practices
- Senior level knowledge of API design and development
- Detailed understand of continuous integration (CI) practice and testing disciplines
- High-level understand of AWS systems and services
Nice to haves:
- In-depth knowledge of AWS service as ElasticSearch, ElasticCache, Lambda, API Gateway, etc
- Past experience in cannabis, i.e. cannabis technology, agriculture, infrastructure, retail, etc
- Knowledge of high-availability (HA) coding practices and strategies