The Sr. Graphic Designer is an experienced marketing design strategist, responsible for stewarding our portfolio brands’ look and feel in all of our marketing collateral across print and digital. This person will collaborate closely with the product design team and other marketing team members to create smart design solutions for the growing organization. This is a hands-on role where you will be responsible for everything from strategy to the fine design details for all marketing design needs. This role would report directly to the VP of Marketing and will have a dotted line to the Head of Product.
Leadership & Strategy
- Lead marketing creative direction and development for all marketing and brand touchpoints including but not limited to video, digital, social media, print and trade show design
- Work closely with the marketing team on translating business and marketing objectives into designs that are clear, compelling, visually exciting, and emotionally engaging
- Lead regular design reviews and project status meetings/stand-ups
- Work with the marketing team as lead designer on all marketing projects, developing and presenting creative concepts. Provide design recommendations for use on digital and social media channels, including our website, inbound and outbound marketing (email; homepage; editorial/digital commerce landing pages; display ad banners; social media assets), editorial content on our blog, special projects/partner initiatives, and other digital marketing initiatives
- Lead the intake and interpretation of creative briefs from kickoff to design, ensuring all deliverables are always on time and on brief
- Consistently deliver designs that are strategic, thoughtful, engaging, creative, and on-brand
- Create new templates for collateral, presentations, digital assets, SWAG, etc., that the rest of the team can implement for consistency
- Create original concepts for seasonal, brand and product focused marketing campaigns
- Enhance the brands’ visual identity system, keeping brand guidelines current and advising other stakeholders in its implementation
- Partner with Events Manager to enhance and create updates to the booth design -- including structural design/layout, collateral, tablet demos, and more
You’re a great fit for this role if you:
- Think strategically and have a roll-up your sleeves mentality
- Love solving marketing design problems with a powerful mix of creative thinking, innovation, rational risk-taking and practical tradeoffs
- Love generating new ideas that drive demand and can bring them to life across platforms
- Are able to easily toggling between different use cases and design needs across the brands within the business
- Bring passion and positive energy, and bring that out in others
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and are ready to be decisive
- Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts, Marketing, Design or something similar
- 5+ years of experience on a creative team focusing on marketing deliverables. Experience must be centered on graphic and visual design with a portfolio evidence of relevant graphic design skills
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills to articulate strategic design intent and options
- Ability to work under pressure with attention to detail and minimal supervision
- Strong mentoring and management skills to direct outside vendors
- Desire to work in a collaborative, creative, idea-sharing team atmosphere
- Experience in art directing for photo and film shoots is a plus
- Strong experience with Mac platform and fluency in design applications such as Sketch, InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator. Google Suite and HTML experience preferred
About Baker and TILT
Under a combination agreement signed on July 9, 2018, Baker plans to merge with Briteside, Sea Hunter Therapeutics, and Sante Veritas Therapeutics (SVT) to form TILT Holdings, Inc. (“TILT”) after obtaining all regulatory approvals and satisfying all closing conditions. Post closing, the merged company, TILT, expects to establish operations in every state where cannabis laws exist, for both infrastructure as well as technology. At present, Baker, Briteside and Sea Hunter operate in 24 states collectively and have licenses for cannabis operations in a portion of those. TILT is expected to be a multinational infrastructure and technology platform delivering solutions to the legalized cannabis industry. TILT will enable businesses the opportunity to interact, communicate and operate with a greater degree of efficiency with their patients and consumers. Consisting of four leading cannabis companies, TILT will maintain competencies across the entire spectrum of the industry, from vertically integrated operations to cutting-edge genetics and business technology solutions, all supported by robust data-driven insights.
About the companies that will combine to become TILT:
- Baker Technologies (Denver, CO) - The cannabis industry’s largest software company, helps dispensaries generate more revenue and build relationships with their customers through a variety of products, featuring online ordering, customer loyalty, messaging, and analytics. The company works with over 1,000 dispensaries across the U.S. and Canada.
- Briteside (Bend, OR) - Briteside produces a diverse range of products and services, from prefabricated modular cultivation units to home delivery and subscription based services. All Briteside products are predicated on proprietary algorithms designed to improve yields and efficiencies while reducing costs and time.
- Sea Hunter Therapeutics (Boston, MA) - Established as a service provider and franchisor, Sea Hunter provides retail license holders with intellectual property, operating expertise, capital, and a diverse range of products and differentiated brands. The company also operates proprietary, vertical operations which allows it to deliver a more knowledge-based product to customers.
- Sante Veritas Therapeutics - One of the few licensed producers in Canada that has a developed facility and robust portfolio of wholesale contracts. SVT's subsidiary, Santé Veritas Therapeutics Inc. ("SVT Subco"), is at the final stage of obtaining a cultivation license under the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations.
This listing is for a job opportunity with Baker Technologies, Inc.
Baker provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Baker complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Baker expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Baker employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.