At Backlight, our vision is to dramatically improve every stage of the video and entertainment content lifecycle from creation through monetization. We share a culture of mutual trust and respect, inclusivity, and a passion for making an impact in the lives of our customers.
We are looking for a Customer Success Manager that can build durable relationships with key customers. Customer Success Managers at Backlight are the customer's trusted advisor and in many ways become an extension of their workforce.
This is a cross-functional role that requires passion about building relationships and driving product adoption in our customer base. Deep skills in relationship building, customer satisfaction management and account growth are all required for this role. The individual will have relentless courage to be able to manage and execute mission-critical programs for our customers.
The Customer Success Manager will be a key individual in Backlight Streaming's growing Customer Success team. They are our customer's advocate, and build strong relationships to help them achieve their business outcomes, and will be measured and rewarded on positive NPS, Net Retention Revenue, and Recurring Revenue Identification and Growth.
What you’ll do:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the customer's implementation, business stakeholders and business needs.
- Develop a trusted, business advisor relationship with customers and provide recommendations based on the Backlight Streaming products to address their business needs.
- Establish clear retention goals and progress milestones for the customer to work toward
- Attend and coordinate business reviews and customer visits virtually or in person
- Interpret customer requests, assign team ownership, delegate responsibility and advocate requests across pertinent functional areas (Sales, Product, Engineering, Support)
- Build strong cross-functional working relationships with Support, Sales, Engineering and Product Management.
- Develop and contribute content that educates customers and Backlighters to get published on our public-facing sites (Website, Blog, Help Center)
- Identify revenue opportunities and partner with Sales to recommend paid services, commitment expansions, and additional Backlight Streaming products to meet current needs and future growth.
- You have 3+ years of experience in a client-facing role within the SaaS industry (Bonus Points for video infrastructure experience)
- Advanced professional fluency in both French and English is required.
- You have great written and verbal communication skills
- You don't crumble under pressure
- You're a people person who can adapt quickly to different types of clients and are excited to collaborate with and learn from our product and sales engineering teams
- You bring your creativity to the team and can think outside the box when faced with a problem
- Proactive, process-driven, problem solver that can coordinate across teams both internally and with customers and produce results.
- Experience working at a startup is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree
Outcomes of the Role
- By month one, First 4 weeks will be spent going through our new Customer Success Manager training program. Each week will have a different focus area so that at the end of the 4 weeks, the individual will be ready to participate in customer calls.
- By month three, Customer Success Manager responsibilities are in motion on ten accounts.
- By month six, the ten accounts are in a positive trajectory toward growth and positive NPS. Other accounts, if feasible, are in the individual's book and growing successfully.
We are always on the lookout for talented people to join our team!