Backbase products are implemented into systems of leading banks and financial institutions all over the world. Accelerating digital transformations in the financial world isn’t done by just routine. Each project requires custom technical leadership.
As a Technical Director, you oversee your portfolio of projects. You manage both your team results and client expectations. Leading multiple delivery teams, you are on top of new developments and near-future demands, translating your project insights into product vision.
Being part of a management team for multiple projects, together with the operations manager and the delivery manager, you run your own fintech business. In this role, it comes down to your expert technical knowledge as much as your leadership skills.
What will you be doing?
From kick-start sessions with clients and partners, where technical requirements are discussed, you take the lead all the way to the moment the project is signed off. No matter who you talk to, you impress with your technical knowledge and compelling presentations.
You manage and mitigate technical risks. As a master planner and ingenious technician, you define strategies and align them with standards. You identify technical improvements and follow up on them. If relevant, you ensure that custom solutions are translated to a general solution. Not only do you supervise the technical specifics, you also support and evaluate your team, verifying that the technical level is unprecedented. We work on a global scale, so you will regularly travel abroad.
Who are you?
- You mastered in IT.
- The Agile philosophy has already became your lifestyle.
- In designing customer-journey-driven architectures, you’re familiar with all stages of making it production-ready.
- You take pride in over-delivering.
- You have strong hands-on programming skills.
- We won’t have to tell you anything about application servers, databases, load balancers and other infrastructure components required to deploy modern applications. Your expert knowledge is always up to date.
- You don’t mind discovering the world by traveling 20-50% of your time.
We will be extra happy if you:
- Created solutions for financial services (especially banking).
- Experience with Portal/Web Content Management.
- Familiar with architectural patterns such as Microservices, CQRS, event sourcing.
- Have experience with server virtualisation and containers technology such as Docker, VMWare, HyperV.
- Experience using API gateway, service registry, etc.
Backbase creates the best digital banking solutions on the planet, enabling our clients to deliver superior online and mobile customer experiences. We are a global, young-spirited, diverse (45+ nationalities), fast-growing and leading fintech company. Agile is our middle name and we love pushing innovation in the digital banking world. We make it work.
And we’re not done innovating just yet. Our 600+ employees work together on better and more advanced products. As we are in scaleup phase, we don’t believe in simply “doing our jobs”. We’ve always got room for new, creative talent to push us further. What will you bring to make us stronger?
We are organized to support you. You will receive time to educate yourself and will work with some of the best specialists in the business. Having fun is allowed at Backbase :-). We are work and play. At Backbase, you can come as you are and say it like it is.
Join us for a journey instead of a job!