Who We Are
Babylist is the leading vertical marketplace and commerce destination for baby, driving purchase decisions for more than 8 million people each year. Utilizing robust proprietary data, patented technology, and unbiased editorial guidance, Babylist recommends expert-tested products to those starting their parenting journey so loved ones can offer their support. Babylist registries connect new parents and their community of family and friends who help plan, prepare, and shop for a child's arrival. Babylist is the generational brand in baby, leading the $67 billion baby products market as the trusted go-to solution for growing families. To learn about Babylist’s registry options, editorial content, and more, visit www.babylist.com.
Our Ways of Working
We have team members located across the United States spanning multiple time zones. This means we put in extra effort to make sure we connect and collaborate in ways that make sense for us. We know how valuable the flexibility of remote work is for our employees. Due to the nature of this role, we would expect someone to be onsite in Beverly Hills, CA.
We know that personal connection is the foundation for the great work we do together. In order to build those relationships with team members in other cities, we meet with coworkers in person two times a year at a full company offsite and a departmental offsite. These are great opportunities to meet the people you work with every day and to do some of the work that is much more difficult to do virtually.
What The Role Is
At Babylist, we love our users and we treat them like rockstars. Babylist is an online baby registry that lets parents add any item from any store on the web, including our own. We’re also launching a new showroom, where customers can come and test out products in person to inform what they put on their registry or buy for an expecting friend.
Our goal is to make the journey to parenthood less stressful, and figuring out everything you need for a little person you haven’t met yet is hard! We’re looking for folks with experience guiding expecting parents through the process of choosing the right baby gear to add to their registries or purchase for their friends.
Expecting a baby can be a stressful time, and our users often require patience, understanding, and a little TLC. As our Registry Consultant, you can help our users feel more informed and prepared, and you will significantly influence how likely a user is to recommend Babylist to friends.
This is a full time, in-store position working at our Beverly Hills location.
Who You Are
- You have 2+ years’ of experience in working in a retail environment
- You already know everything there is to know about baby gear. You can spot a City Mini a block away and you know which car seat has the smallest footprint
- You are a great in-person communicator, friendly, empathetic and well-spoken
- You know how to build strong, positive relationships quickly and accurately to represent the Babylist brand
- You are comfortable with and excited about working with expectant parents (and their friends and family).
- You can juggle helping multiple customers at a time, while maintaining a high quality experience for each customer
- You’re a flexible team player, willing to pivot to where the business and customer need you
- You’re receptive to feedback and always looking for ways to improve
- You live close enough to the store that you can be there in person for the entirety of your shifts
What You’ll Do:
- Be the baby product expert and use your strong and positive relationship building skills to make suggestions to expecting parents and their friends, based on their lifestyle, budget and goals
- Create an experience that will contribute greatly to bringing the Babylist brand to life in a physical setting
- Be the difference maker and drive increased registry value by making appropriate “Add to Registry” and purchase recommendations
- Collaborate with the Showroom Manager to create an energetic space that represents the Babylist brand to everyone that passes by and enters the showroom
- Periodically connect with the broader Babylist Customer Experience teams, sharing learnings and supporting each other
- Assist in various tasks that help grow the success of the showroom and improve the customer experience
Why you will love working at Babylist:
- We build products that have a positive impact on millions of people’s lives
- We work at a sustainable pace which means work/life balance is a real thing here
- We believe technology and data can solve hard problems
- We believe in exceptional management
- We are an antiracist organization and doing the work to support differences of all kinds
- We offer competitive pay and meaningful opportunities for career advancement
- We have great benefits like company paid medical, dental, and vision, a generous paid parental leave policy, and 401k with company match
- We care about employee wellbeing with perks for physical, mental and emotional health, parenting, childcare, and financial planning
Babylist takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area.
A wide range of factors are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; and other business and organizational needs. Exact starting pay will be determined based on skills and experience as well as location. We hold two compensation reviews annually to review pay for performance and market and run an equity analysis to ensure our pay practices are fair and unbiased.
A reasonable estimate for the current range is $22.00 - $25.00/hour
These ranges may be modified in the future.
In addition to the base compensation listed above, we offer a number of other benefits as part of your total compensation at Babylist, such as:
- Company performance bonus
- Medical, dental and vision, covered at 100% for employees. Unlimited fertility coverage with no infertility diagnosis required
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Retirement savings accounts (401k) with a 3.5% company match and immediate vesting
- Competitive employee stock options
- Up to 12 weeks of paid leave, optional additional unpaid leave, and a flexible return to work policy to welcome a new child through any of the ways to form a family, for all genders
- Paid time off including 15 vacation days, 9 wellness days, and 10 paid holidays
- An initial work from home stipend to optimize your workspace
- Mental wellness programs, including access to four sessions with licensed providers and unlimited access to Expectful and Headspace meditation apps
- Other perks include Babylist store discount, childcare stipend, referral bonuses, twice-yearly in-person events with the team and more
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.