Who We Are
Babylist is the leading vertical marketplace and commerce destination for baby, driving purchase decisions for more than 8 million people each year. Utilizing robust proprietary data, patented technology, and unbiased editorial guidance, Babylist recommends expert-tested products to those starting their parenting journey so loved ones can offer their support. Babylist registries connect new parents and their community of family and friends who help plan, prepare, and shop for a child's arrival. Babylist is the generational brand in baby, leading the $67 billion baby products market as the trusted go-to solution for growing families. To learn about Babylist’s registry options, editorial content, and more, visit www.babylist.com.
Our Ways of Working
We have team members located across the United States spanning multiple time zones. This means we put in extra effort to make sure we connect and collaborate in ways that make sense for us. We know how valuable the flexibility of remote work is for our employees. Due to the nature of this role, we would expect someone to be onsite in Beverly Hills,CA
We know that personal connection is the foundation for the great work we do together. In order to build those relationships with team members in other cities, we meet with coworkers in person two times a year at a full company offsite and a departmental offsite. These are great opportunities to meet the people you work with every day and to do some of the work that is much more difficult to do virtually.
What The Role Is
Babylist is looking for a Boutique Manager to support our brand new, first of its kind, shop within our flagship showroom! Whether you're an expecting parent, a grandparent, or a friend to someone having a baby, this is going to be one of the most fun places to be. Located in the heart of Beverly Hills, this unique showroom experience will welcome guests to walk room-by-room to see, touch, and test our vast array of products for life with a baby. This is a fun and immersive opportunity for our users to add products to their registry or stop by our retail shop to pick up curated gifts. As the Boutique Manager, you will help us deliver the best possible retail gifting experience, within the broader showroom space, to everyone that enters by forging connections with our customers. You will help train and manage floor staff, monitor inventory levels, and be knowledgeable about the products for sale, especially in the boutique. You will help build a strong, brand-aligned culture amongst the staff that will permeate through to our customers.
Who You Are
- You have 4+ years in retail operations experience
- You have a track record of hiring, developing and retaining associates
- You can prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly learn new procedures and processes
- Strong organizational skills and follow through skills
- A proactive, adaptable problem-solver who reacts quickly in unexpected situations
- A positive team player who leads by example
- Able to effectively communicate with a variety of people
- An energetic self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
How You Will Make An Impact:
- You will manage the day to day operations of the Boutique space and work closely with the Senior Showroom Manager to support the overarching goals of the Flagship Showroom.
- Engage with customers about their journey, their needs, suggest products, answer questions about products and invite them to upcoming events
- Hire, motivate, inspire, and support sales associates and registry consultants
- Manage inventory and stock levels of boutique products
- Partner with Senior Showroom Manager on daily maintenance, strategy, community and team management to ensure the site runs smoothly and successfully
- Ensure merchandising standards are met
Why you will love working at Babylist:
- We build products that have a positive impact on millions of people’s lives
- We work at a sustainable pace which means work/life balance is a real thing here
- We believe technology and data can solve hard problems
- We believe in exceptional management
- We are an antiracist organization and doing the work to support differences of all kinds
- We offer competitive pay and meaningful opportunities for career advancement
- We have great benefits like company paid medical, dental, and vision, a generous paid parental leave policy, and 401k with company match
- We care about employee wellbeing with perks for physical, mental and emotional health, parenting, childcare, and financial planning
Babylist takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area.
A wide range of factors are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; and other business and organizational needs. Exact starting pay will be determined based on skills and experience as well as location. We hold two compensation reviews annually to review pay for performance and market and run an equity analysis to ensure our pay practices are fair and unbiased.
A reasonable estimate for the current range is $75,000-$90,000.
These ranges may be modified in the future.
In addition to the base compensation listed above, we offer a number of other benefits as part of your total compensation at Babylist, such as:
- Company performance bonus
- Medical, dental and vision, covered at 100% for employees. Unlimited fertility coverage with no infertility diagnosis required
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Retirement savings accounts (401k) with a 3.5% company match and immediate vesting
- Competitive employee stock options
- Up to 12 weeks of paid leave, optional additional unpaid leave, and a flexible return to work policy to welcome a new child through any of the ways to form a family, for all genders
- Paid time off including 15 vacation days, 9 wellness days, and 10 paid holidays
- An initial work from home stipend to optimize your workspace
- Mental wellness programs, including access to four sessions with licensed providers and unlimited access to Expectful and Headspace meditation apps
- Other perks include Babylist store discount, childcare stipend, referral bonuses, twice-yearly in-person events with the team and more
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.