Social Media Manager, TikTok
Babylist is looking for a Social Media Manager with a core focus on TikTok. You’ll lead the strategy and execution of our new TikTok channel, building a strong presence that is the best representation of our brand while delivering measurable engagement and growth.
As our Social Media Producer you’ll get to…
- Constantly show off your creativity.
- Launch new ideas quickly.
- Make a positive impact on expecting parents’ lives.
The ideal candidate is curious and results-driven and has experience with end-to-end social media management, as well as identifying and working with social video content creators. You’ll report to Sr. Editor, Social & Newsletters.
Who You Are
- You are someone who lives and breathes TikTok. You get lost there for hours and understand the algorithm and native tools.
- You’re obsessed with Millennial/ Gen-Z culture and have a love for all things trending.
- You’re a passionate storyteller who can captivate and engage an audience.
- You’ve successfully led a B2C TikTok, Instagram, or Snapchat channel through a period of high growth and are excited to do it again.
- You’ve managed influencers/creators/brand ambassadors and understand how to work with freelancers.
- You deeply empathize with expecting parents, have an understanding of their pain points and are passionate about helping solve them.
- You are constantly seeking ways to engage new/untapped audiences.
- You value quality but you’re not paralyzed by perfection. You can launch creative ideas quickly and iterate constantly using data.
- You have a “go viral” mentality and know how to maximize content for sharing and engagement.
- You navigate confidently through changing priorities and can operate successfully with minimal direction.
- You have a “no task too small” attitude and can roll up your sleeves to get the job done when needed.
What You'll Do
- You’ll make Babylist the go-to source for expecting parents on TikTok by hiring and managing top-notch content creators and identifying the right UGC that equally serves our users and business goals.
- You'll work directly with our Sr. Editor to define and implement a clear vision for Babylist’s TikTok that propels us to 200K followers by the end of 2021.
- You’ll leverage internal, competitor and aspirational brand data and listen to our community to constantly innovate, optimize and evolve our TikTok content.
- You’ll inform the Babylist team on the impact of TikTok on our users and our business with regular updates.
- You’ll be 100% hands-on, executing on your strategy by managing, scheduling and publishing all content for the Babylist TikTok.
- You'll use your deep familiarity with TikTok to work with creators to make successful original content.
- You will oversee overall engagement and content moderation.
What You've Done
- Minimum of 2 years hands-on experience in managing B2C TikTok, Instagram or Snapchat channel(s) with 500K+ followers is a must.
- Experience working with social video content creators/influencers is preferred.
- B2C social media experience in the expecting parent/parenting space is a bonus.
To be successful in this role, you may have also…
- Managed and optimized a social media marketing budget and have the key results to prove it.
- Generated visual content and have basic web design skills (Photoshop, Figma or equivalent)
- Demonstrated a proven track record in generating and/or publishing, thumb-stopping vertical video content.
- Used data and social analytics to develop your strategic content decisions and experiments.
- Demonstrated exceptional organizational, multitasking and teamwork skills.
At Babylist, we help expecting parents get exactly what they need for the arrival of their new baby. We have a large and rapidly growing user base of passionate parents-to-be who are making important purchasing decisions for one of the biggest events in their lives, which is both exciting and overwhelming. Our core product is our universal baby registry. Currently 25% of first-time expecting families in the United States actually create a baby registry at Babylist.com. In 2019 over $300 million worth of gifts will be purchased off of Babylist registries.
Why You Will Love Working at Babylist:
- We get stuff done
- We have a real impact on people’s lives
- We're passionate about our users and we genuinely appreciate them
- We work at a sustainable pace for long-term success (yes, we’re profitable)
- We are growing and have meaningful opportunities for career advancement
- We’re a technological and data-driven business
- We are doers, but also thinkers
- We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
- We have smart, experienced leadership that is always open to new ideas
- Competitive pay
- Competitive health benefits including company-funded HRA for vision and dental
- 401(k), FSA plans and disability insurance
- Flexible, paid parental leave policy
- Easy access to BART including commuter assistance
- We work at a sustainable pace. In general we don’t work late or on weekends and most employees WFH every Wednesday.
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.