Category Merchandise Specialist
Babylist is hiring a Category Merchandising Specialist to become a part of our growing e-commerce team. In this role, you will own the end-to-end product content creation, optimization, and maintenance. You will also have the opportunity to provide business support to the buying team, which includes industry trend research, and competitive analysis.
What you’ll do
- Create and manage product pages for a large and growing number of products in our store.
- Partner with suppliers to source raw product data, assets, and samples
- Responsible for accuracy of all product details including cost, retail, working name, supplier, sku and colors.
- Manage ongoing product pricing changes and promotional execution
- Review online store regularly and surface opportunities for improvement
- Support e-commerce team in meeting business targets and provide business analysis support
- Troubleshoot site, content, and inventory issues to buying function, inventory, customer service
- Work with our editorial team to create helpful and accurate descriptions and editorial content on product pages
- Coordinate with image editors to ensure image standards are met
Who you are
- You’re a team player with an ability to work collaboratively
- Strong organizational and planning skills to ensure timely and accurate execution of responsibilities
- You have a founder mentality and a passion for start-ups and e-commerce. You are a self starter, can be scrappy, and are comfortable wearing many hats.
- You are excited by consumer products, innovation, trends, and merchandising
- You are flexible and can adapt to changing priorities. You are able to find efficiencies and improvements to make existing processes more successful.
- You excel with spreadsheets and have an impeccable attention to detail regarding system applications.
- You take pride in your work, follow through to completion, and care about delivering high levels of accuracy.
- You have strong communication skills and can work effectively with the entire team including product, design, editorial, customer service, and logistics.
What you’ve done
- 0-2 years of relevant work experience
- BA degree or equivalent
- Proficient in Microsoft applications - Excel, Word & Outlook
At Babylist, we help expecting parents get exactly what they need for the arrival of their new baby. Founded in 2011, Babylist is a popular baby registry in the US. We serve millions of families every year to help them make the journey to parenthood less overwhelming and more fun. Families can add any item from any store, including products Babylist directly sells, to their registry, alongside meaningful gifts like babysitting and meals they can’t buy in stores. We have built a trust with parents all throughout the U.S. as their go to partner in planning for their new baby. Each month, millions of gifts are given from the platform by 700k+ loved ones.
The baby retail market is underserved and Babylist is well positioned to be the single iconic and trusted brand that helps new families through this monumental life stage. In the US alone, 4 million babies are born every year and we have over 1.5 million new families signing up to create a baby registry yearly. And with robust data analytics and business insights behind our core registry product, Babylist has seen 100% growth over the past 4 years. We have sustained profitability and are ready to grow the business.
Babylist’s headquarters are in Oakland, CA.
Why You Will Love Working at Babylist:
- We have a real impact on people’s lives
- We're passionate about our users and we genuinely appreciate them
- We work at a sustainable pace for long-term success (yes, we’re profitable)
- We are growing and have meaningful opportunities for career advancement
- We’re a best-in-class technology and data-driven business
- We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
- We have smart, experienced leadership that is always open to new ideas
- Competitive pay
- 401(k), FSA plans and disability insurance
- Flexible, fully paid parental leave policy
- We work at a sustainable pace. In general we don’t work late or on weekends and most employees WFH every Wednesday
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.