Senior Software Engineer
Babylist is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our consumer experience team. This team is responsible for the end-to-end experience on all surfaces; used and loved by millions of parents and gift givers. You’ll work with expert technical leads and software engineers to build out the experience that is the core of our business. You’ll work closely with Product, Design, and other teams to execute key initiatives.
What you'll do
- Work closely with product owners to design, implement and deploy systems to support and scale our growing e-commerce, content and fulfillment operations.
- Provide thought leadership around process, tooling, systems, and software architecture. We benefit by more knowledge and learning how others solve problems. You would feel excited to bring in new ways of solving problems.
- Improve and help maintain existing systems. Friction in the development process slows us down and has a large opportunity cost. We see value in taking time to create maintainable systems and remove hurdles from the development process.
- Working in a close, supportive team solving real world problems and making decisions.
- Mentoring other team members through design and architecture planning, code reviews, and knowledge sharing sessions.
- Maintaining older systems and replacing them safely.
- Learning and growing as an Engineer.
Who You Are
- 3+ years of experience in full-stack software development
- An exceptional problem solver
- Able to deliver elegant, effective software solutions in a timely manner
- A clear, friendly, and open-minded communicator
- Passionate about developing features from concept to deployment
- Successful in an agile work environment and able to break down large pieces of work to deliver value incrementally
- Experience scaling backend and distributed systems to meet increasing traffic and complexity of operations.
- Experience with testing and continuous integration.
Our Tech Stack
- Native iOS and Android
- Ruby on Rails
At Babylist, we help expecting parents get exactly what they need for the arrival of their new baby. Founded in 2011, Babylist is a popular baby gift registry in the US. We serve millions of families every year to help them make the journey to parenthood less overwhelming and more fun. Families can add any item from any store to their registry, including products Babylist directly sells, alongside meaningful gifts like babysitting and meals, which they can’t buy in stores. The baby retail market is underserved and Babylist is well positioned to be the trusted brand that helps new families through this monumental life stage. In the US alone, 4 million babies are born every year and we have over 1.5 million new families signing up to create a baby registry with us annually. This year, 10M loved ones will give the perfect gift using Babylist.
Why You Will Love Working at Babylist:
- We get stuff done
- We have a real impact on people’s lives
- We're passionate about our users and we genuinely appreciate them
- We work at a sustainable pace for long-term success (yes, we’re profitable)
- We are growing and have meaningful opportunities for career advancement
- We’re a technological and results-driven business
- We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
- We have experienced leadership that is always open to new ideas
- Competitive pay
- Competitive health benefits including company-funded medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k), FSA plans, and disability insurance
- Flexible, paid parental leave policy
- MacBook Pro, tools that you'll need to be successful, and remote working stipend for office set-up
- Company-wide events and meetings to connect with the broader Babylist team
- We work at a sustainable pace; in general we don't work late or on weekends
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.