Assistant Supply Chain Manager
Babylist is looking for an Assistant Supply Chain Manager (ASCM) to join our growing e-commerce fulfillment operations team. This team member will have experience using data to identify opportunities for increased operational efficiency, and warehouse project planning and execution. This role will be a core member of the Logistics team and coordinate cross functionally with Merchandising, Engineering, and Inventory Management to ensure on-time, accurate fulfillment of Babylist orders.
As an Assistant Supply Chain Manager at Babylist, you will aid in the day to day monitoring and coordination of fulfillment operations. You will troubleshoot late orders, optimize inbound unit receipts, and identify areas for improved order fulfillment accuracy. You will also conduct audits of on hand inventory accuracy, fulfillment operations costs, and shipping rates. You will be a key member of the operations team and will report to the Supply Chain Operations Manager.
What You’ll Do
- Assist Supply Chain Manager in projects related to order fulfillment operations.
- Travel to fulfillment centers as needed to assist with process implementation and to audit fulfillment efficiency
- Maintain and communicate standards regarding quality and timeliness of shipments
- Ensure customer packages are shipped on time and accurately
- You will work closely with Inventory Management and Merchandising teams to ensure that appropriate stock is available to prevent backorders
- Monitor all Service Level Agreements and maintain reporting on order mispicks, mishipments, and damages
- Facilitate implementation of new returns / return logistics programs
- Develop communication systems between Babylist HQ and remote fulfillment teams regarding marketing schedules, operational challenges, website issues, etc.
- Establish, review and update operational policies, including returns policies, reship policies, split shipping policies and response time requirements
Who You Are
- You are passionate about providing our customers with a stellar order fulfillment experience
- You’re curious about answering the WHY through the analysis of order data
- You can communicate complex insights in an easy-to-understand way for a wide range of audiences
- You're self-directed, proactive and able to define and execute projects independently
- You have strong business acumen, and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are adept with e-commerce order fulfilment best practices and managing data
What You’ve Done
- BS/BA in Supply Chain Management, Transportation Management, or relevant field
- 3+ years of relevant professional work experience in field, particularly in managing e-commerce operations, Start up operations experience a plus
- Experience with WMS, IMS, ERP systems and the ability to create tools and reports to manage your business is a plus
- High proficiency in order fulfillment data analysis
- Excel proficiency is required; SQL experience a plus
At Babylist, we help expecting parents get exactly what they need for the arrival of their new baby. We have a large and rapidly growing user base of passionate parents-to-be who are making important purchasing decisions for one of the biggest events in their lives, which is both exciting and overwhelming. Our core product is our universal baby registry. Currently 25% of first-time expecting families in the United States actually create a baby registry at Babylist.com. In 2019 over $300 million worth of gifts will be purchased off of Babylist registries.
Why You Will Love Working at Babylist:
- We get stuff done
- We have a real impact on people’s lives
- We're passionate about our users and we genuinely appreciate them
- We work at a sustainable pace for long-term success (yes, we’re profitable)
- We are growing and have meaningful opportunities for career advancement
- We’re a technological and data-driven business
- We are doers, but also thinkers
- We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
- We have smart, experienced leadership that is always open to new ideas
- Competitive pay
- Competitive health benefits including company-funded HRA for vision and dental
- 401(k), FSA plans and disability insurance
- Flexible, paid parental leave policy
- Easy access to BART including commuter assistance
- We work at a sustainable pace. In general we don’t work late or on weekends and most employees WFH every Wednesday.
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.