Accounts Payable Specialist
Reporting to the Procure to Pay Manager, the Accounts Payable Specialist ensures that all expenses, invoices and payments are processed in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with the Company's policies and procedures. The successful candidate will be detailed and deadline-oriented, operational, and can operate in a fast-paced and collaborative startup environment.
What You'll Do
- Manage accurate and timely processing of 400+ invoices a month, including an understanding of the 3-way match of purchase order, receipts, and invoices
- Maintain the Accounts Payable inbox on a daily basis to ensure that all invoices, credit memos, rebates and allowances as well as other vendor communication are properly addressed
- Work closely with Sr. AP Specialist on larger, more complex or difficult payable accounts
- Ensure invoices are accurately coded and have the appropriate documentation and approval
- Work with our Merchandising & Inventory Management team to verify and match vendor invoices to purchase orders
- Follow up with customers / vendors regarding payment inquiries and billing issues.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies
- Maintenance of vendor information, including W-9's, with precise and accurate information
- Assist with month-end close procedures
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with internal and external business partners
- Perform other special projects and analyses as directed by management
What You've Done
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Accounting, Finance, Business Administration) or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience with Accounts Payable
- Experience with NetSuite; Quickbooks preferred (or other ERP system)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven vendor management experience
- Detail oriented and demonstrate a sense of urgency
- Experience in a high-growth company
- Critical thinking skills; ability to drive continuous improvement
- Strong sense of ownership and bias for action
At Babylist, we help expecting parents get exactly what they need for the arrival of their new baby. Founded in 2011, Babylist is a popular baby registry in the US. We serve millions of families every year to help them make the journey to parenthood less overwhelming and more fun. Families can add any item from any store, including products Babylist directly sells, to their registry, alongside meaningful gifts like babysitting and meals they can’t buy in stores. We have built a trust with parents all throughout the U.S. as their go to partner in planning for their new baby. Each month, millions of gifts are given from the platform by 700k+ loved ones.
The baby retail market is underserved and Babylist is well positioned to be the single iconic and trusted brand that helps new families through this monumental life stage. In the US alone, 4 million babies are born every year and we have over 1.5 million new families signing up to create a baby registry yearly. And with robust data analytics and business insights behind our core registry product, Babylist has seen 100% growth over the past 4 years. We have sustained profitability and are ready to grow the business.
Babylist’s headquarters are in Oakland, CA.
Why You Will Love Working at Babylist:
- We have a real impact on people’s lives
- We're passionate about our users and we genuinely appreciate them
- We work at a sustainable pace for long-term success (yes, we’re profitable)
- We are growing and have meaningful opportunities for career advancement
- We’re a best-in-class technology and data-driven business
- We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
- We have smart, experienced leadership that is always open to new ideas
- Competitive pay
- 401(k), FSA plans and disability insurance
- Flexible, fully paid parental leave policy
- We work at a sustainable pace. In general we don’t work late or on weekends and most employees WFH every Wednesday
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.