Support Operations Specialist
The Babylist Happiness Hero Team needs a Support Operations Specialist to own customer support data, tools and workflows. All of this to improve the team’s efficiency, drive positive product changes and ultimately improve an already great customer experience.
The Support Operations Specialist will report to the Head of Support and will work closely with Customer Support Leadership and Cross-functional Leaders.
What You'll Do
- Own Customer Support Data
- Ensure ticket taxonomy, and accuracy are yielding insightful and actionable data
- Provide team-wide and individual KPIs to CS team members
- Identify key themes & causes in customer support data
- Push key themes and root-causes in customer support data to other departments
- Work with CS Leadership to drive improvements derived from support data insights
- Own Customer Support Tools
- Own & improve our usage of Support tools (Zendesk, Playvox, Solvvy, etc)
- Help vet new tools as the need arises
- Identify existing process gaps; suggest and drive improvements
- Identify & suggest automations that could reduce the time reps spend on repetitive tasks
- Influence Customer Flows
- Work closely with our Support Content Coordinator to improve all of our customer workflows
- Research market for new ways to improve the customer experience when working with support
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Analytics, Business Management, Supply Chain or comparable
- 2+ year of experience in data analytics
- 2+ years of experience in a customer support organization
- Experience working with Zendesk, Zendesk Explore and Zendesk APIs
- Passionate about creating a phenomenal customer experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to concisely present suggestions & make decisions based on quantitative and qualitative data
- Skillful listening, with the ability to seek input, analyze information, consider alternatives, and make holistic decisions
At Babylist, we help expecting parents get exactly what they need for the arrival of their new baby. Founded in 2011, Babylist is a popular baby registry in the US. We serve millions of families every year to help them make the journey to parenthood less overwhelming and more fun. Families can add any item from any store, including products Babylist directly sells, to their registry, alongside meaningful gifts like babysitting and meals they can’t buy in stores. We have built a trust with parents all throughout the U.S. as their go to partner in planning for their new baby. Each month, millions of gifts are given from the platform by 700k+ loved ones.
The baby retail market is underserved and Babylist is well positioned to be the single iconic and trusted brand that helps new families through this monumental life stage. In the US alone, 4 million babies are born every year and we have over 1.5 million new families signing up to create a baby registry yearly. And with robust data analytics and business insights behind our core registry product, Babylist has seen 100% growth over the past 4 years. We have sustained profitability and are ready to grow the business.
Babylist’s headquarters are in Oakland, CA.
Why You Will Love Working at Babylist:
- We have a real impact on people’s lives
- We're passionate about our users and we genuinely appreciate them
- We work at a sustainable pace for long-term success (yes, we’re profitable)
- We are growing and have meaningful opportunities for career advancement
- We’re a best-in-class technology and data-driven business
- We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
- We have smart, experienced leadership that is always open to new ideas
- Competitive pay
- 401(k), FSA plans and disability insurance
- Flexible, fully paid parental leave policy
- We work at a sustainable pace. In general we don’t work late or on weekends and most employees WFH every Wednesday
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.