Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
We are looking for a Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) leader to drive profitable growth using best finance practices and world class analytics. This newly created role will lead the financial planning process and evaluate financial performance against company goals, growing and scaling the team to support this critical business function as the company grows. You will be responsible for delivering timely, complete and accurate financial information that can be relied on to help drive impactful business decisions. Beyond numbers, you are the right person if you get excited about connecting numbers to the business strategy, not just reporting on actuals and variances but the why and the what does it mean. The successful candidate will have a strong track record of financial planning in fast growth organizations, excellent business judgment, and teamwork capabilities.
What you’ll do
- Planning & budgeting: Own and drive the monthly, quarterly, and annual FP&A processes, ensuring rigorous comparisons to budget and driving proactive course correction measures. Drive the annual budgeting process that insures the involvement, ownership and accountability across the organization
- Forecasting: Manage and improve the short and long range financial forecast model. Develop dashboards to track key performance metrics and monitor business performance.
- Business partnering: Deliver regular and timely financial analysis, insights, and relevant commentary to the finance and executive leadership team. Support supply chain, merchandising, and marketing through the S&OP process for financial decision support.
- Strategic growth projects: Participate in strategic data analysis, research and modeling for senior company leadership
- Team management: Build a high performing team that produces rich insights, plans, and forecasts with a high degree of clarity and accuracy. Mentor and inspire your team towards individual excellence.
- Process Improvement / Financial Infrastructure: Build processes and analytical structures that aim to improve and optimize every critical aspect of the P&L, Balance Sheet and Statement of Cash Flow. Support transition to NetSuite and leverage its capabilities for FP&A; define and implement additional planning tools as needed to support the business
- Own the Cash Flow forecast, 409A refreshes, Treasury, and Stock Administration
Who you are
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required; role involves building relationships with key stakeholders across the organization.
- Excited about connecting financial numbers to operations and strategy
- Excellent problem-solving diagnosis and analytical skills
- Customer focused mindset with the energy and desire to effectively collaborate across all levels of the organization
- An active listener who can ask relevant, incisive questions as well as confident, independent thinking that communicates an analytic point-of-view to finance and business partners
- Experience people manager who has built high-performing teams
What You’ve Done
- 10+ years of experience in financial planning and analysis; MBA from a top tier school is strongly preferred
- 3+ years of people management
- Experience in financial operations related to retail and logistics
- Public company FP&A experience required
- Robust understanding of financial statements, valuation methodologies and P&L management
- Experience operating in a high-growth environment a plus
- SQL and NetSuite experience highly preferred