baby+co. is a women's health + family wellness center focused on natural birth + all things pregnancy, offering a range of services that include pre-conception planning, pre and post-natal care and in-center birth.
at baby+co. we believe in making healthcare personal again, by educating + empowering our clients to choose the parenting journey that is right for them. we embrace those decisions with dedication and support of our midwives, educators, health coaches and clinical teams.
when a family joins baby+co. they join our community of moms + dads who are there to support one another through our onsite wellness seminars, exercise classes and social activities.
at baby+co., nothing makes us smile more than happy + healthy mommies, babies + families!
Under the direction of the Revenue Cycle Manager, performs various duties to accurately interpret and bill ob\gyn, pediatric services and birth center facility services. Entering into the Billing System appropriate CPT and ICD-10 codes bills charges.
- Performs initial charge review to determine appropriate ICD-10 and CPT codes to be used to report services to third party payers.
- Interprets progress notes, discharge summaries, and charge documents to determine services provided and accurately assign CPT and ICD-10 coding to these services.
- Enters appropriate data into the athenaCollector Billing System by selecting the appropriate codes, diagnosis, modifiers and reporting claim form to complete the charge process.
- Contacts providers regarding procedures and other services billed to ensure proper coding.
- Responsible for reviewing missing slips, ob episode reports, and other reports of clinical activity to ensure billing is captured for all patients.
- Monitors and follows up to ensure all services that can be billed are captured and coded for billing.
- Performs chart audits for all providers to ensure compliance with third party and regulatory guidelines.
- Serves as billing and coding subject matter expert providing support and training to operations and clinical teams
- Serves as a member of the Revenue Cycle Department. Performs duties necessary to ensure the team's projects/goals are completed.
- Meets and exceeds short and long-term goals as established for the Revenue Cycle department.
- Performs duties and job functions in accordance with the policies and procedures established for the department.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to influence continuous improvements in department's efficiency and services performed.
- Actively participates in billing integrity program.
- Takes ownership of special projects, researches data and follows through with detailed action plans.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- High school diploma or GED completion is required.
- Certified Professional Coder with a minimum of two years’ experience with CPT/ICD-9/ICD-10 coding of services preferred.
- Individual must have strong working knowledge of medical insurance billing and coding as well as an overall understanding of managed care products (HMO, PPO, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of and experience with automated RCM and billing systems, preferably athena.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations
- High level of integrity and dependability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* This position is for onsite employement only, and not open for remote work.