baby+co. is a women's health + family wellness center focused on natural birth + all things pregnancy, offering a range of services that include well-woman care, pre-conception planning, pre-and post-natal care and in-center birth.
At baby+co. we believe in making healthcare personal again, by educating + empowering our clients to choose the parenting journey that is right for them. we embrace those decisions with dedication and support of our midwives, educators, health coaches and clinical teams.
When a family joins baby+co. they join our community of moms + dads who are there to support one another through our onsite wellness seminars, exercise classes and social activities.
At baby+co., nothing makes us smile more than happy + healthy moms, babies + families!
Financial Controller for an innovative healthcare company that develops, owns, and operates outpatient women’s health, maternity and pediatrics centers. You will be able to manage processes and systems to achieve an effective environment of financial controls that is supportive of the overall business. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the ability to design, communicate, and manage financial reporting processes. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you will interface with all members of the company’s leadership team and with all company functional areas. You will be energized by the opportunity to understand the overall business and help the company reach its long-term goals to impact the future of women's health and maternity care.
As a key member of the Finance leadership team, this person will be responsible for all aspects of the accounting close process, the day-to-day activities of the accounting department, including month-end close process, review of journal entries, internal control compliance, payroll, financial statement production and tax and other special projects as assigned. This person will oversee other specialists in the finance team as needed, including contractors. The Controller will interface with the company’s outside auditors as well as partner with internal operational teams to implement an ERP system as well as refine and support an effective environment of financial reporting and controls.
- Manage timely and accurate preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial accounting results through close
- Develop, maintain, and enforce technical accounting policies and procedures in accordance with US GAAP.
- Lead analysis of technical accounting issues: provide well-supported and documented interpretation of GAAP, identify relevant changes in accounting guidance, and monitor processes for compliance with accounting literature.
- Implement ERP system, other required accounting / billing software tools and appropriate internal controls.
- Oversee compliance and filings for all areas of tax.
- Review and oversee bi-weekly ADP payroll processing and compliance.
- Assist with and partner with your accounting team to perform general accounting tasks, including entering of accounts payable, bank reconciliations, and entering journals.
- Coordinate accounts payable, including vendor management, monitoring due dates, obtaining approvals, payment of bills, and updating cash forecasts.
- Oversee accounting for clinical and research projects.
- Recommend accounting treatment for business development transactions.
- Lead the relationship with our independent auditors; manage the annual audit and quarterly review process.
- Lead any external financial reporting function required for regulatory authorities.
Participate in our lead special projects and support various accounting related duties as needed.
- Manage, mentor, and develop a high performing, professional team.
- Lead your team by example in stresses ethics, integrity, and good governance.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or a Bachelor’s degree in business with an emphasis in accounting is required.
- CPA license required.
- 8-10 years of finance and accounting experience and healthcare industry experience is preferred. Big 4 experience preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of US GAAP required, with expertise in technical accounting and internal controls.
- Must be a working manager, capable of operating in a fast-paced environment with multiple and shifting priorities, able to handle pressure well, be self-motivated and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work autonomously with good independent judgment.
- Emphasis on meeting deadlines and providing high-accuracy and quality deliverables.
- Successful ERP implementation experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability in the accounting treatment of complex issues, such as revenue recognition, stock compensation, fair value, etc.
- Ability to proactively identify and solve problems.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Exceptional communications skills.
- A proven track record of identifying and developing talented team members.
- Ability to work in a diverse, inclusive atmosphere with management at all levels.