baby+co. is a women's health + family wellness center focused on natural birth + all things pregnancy, offering a range of services that include well-woman care, pre-conception planning, pre-and post-natal care and in-center birth.
At baby+co. we believe in making healthcare personal again, by educating + empowering our clients to choose the parenting journey that is right for them. we embrace those decisions with dedication and support of our midwives, educators, health coaches and clinical teams.
When a family joins baby+co. they join our community of moms + dads who are there to support one another through our onsite wellness seminars, exercise classes and social activities.
At baby+co., nothing makes us smile more than happy + healthy moms, babies + families!
The Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM) provides care to low-risk women and is responsible for the management of mom + baby throughout the labor and birth process. The CNM also provides women's primary gynecological health including family planning, well-woman visits, assessment and management of noncomplex GYN problems, routine primary health care services, and appropriate screening and health education. The CNM oversees the clinical team including the CNM Fellows, Registered Nurses, and Medical Assistant.
- Fill the role of Clinic 1 and Call 1. Clinic 1 assumes responsibility for ambulatory clinic and patient visits. Call 1 includes phone triage of laboring patients and call after office hours.
- The CNM may also assume Clinic 2, Call 2, and Educator roles based on the needs of the center. Clinic 2 duties include, but are not limited to, conducting group prenatal visits, responding to patient emails, office hour phone triage, home visits of mother and newborn at 48 hours postpartum, IV administration, injections, general maternal + fetal assessment with non-stress testing, and other procedures as directed by the CNM. Call 2 duties include, but are not limited to, attending women in labor + birth and postpartum, managing postpartum care of mom + newborn as directed, screening assessments, medication administration as directed, discharge of mom + baby, and post-discharge birth room cleaning and restocking.
- Implement the baby+co. care model as designed, by adhering to birth center policies and procedures.
- Work as a member of a highly functioning team across clinical providers, educators, and administrative staff. This includes developing appropriate relationships with the consultative medical group, transfer hospital staff, and other community providers.
- Participate in ongoing quality improvement and professional development activities, including mentorship of new graduates and new hires, assisting in recruitment of new clients, facilitation and maintenance of CABC accreditation standards, and remaining current with certification and licensure requirements as set forth by baby+co.
- Graduation from an accredited nurse-midwifery program
- Current certification from AMCB
- Current licensure as a CNM in the state where the baby+co. center is located, or eligibility for licensure
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program certification
- Three years of experience as a CNM
- Prior birth center or home birth experience with excellent outcomes and successful community relationships
- Prior group prenatal care experience