Azumo is seeking a VP of Engineering to pursue a position in a fast-paced, venture capital backed, display technology company. Qualified candidates will have broad experience leading product development teams in advanced materials or hardware industries, interacting extensively with internal and external engineers, executives, customers, prospective employees and other stakeholders. We are looking for someone who can take ownership, understand the bigger picture and interface effectively with the rest of the team to build a vibrant and thriving environment. Background in high tech manufacturing operations in the display/electronics industries is preferred, especially experience with Asia and US based operations. The ideal candidate must be action-oriented, be comfortable being both hands-on as well as seeing the big picture and must have a desire to work in a VC-backed hardware technology company.
- Build and lead product development team
- Lead and manage product roadmap for multiple hardware products, from R&D phase to final product manufacturing
- Develop and manage roadmap based on product strategy; set up internal systems and procedures to scale the engineering organization
- Work with managers across the company to define product concepts and roadmap
- Technical and manufacturing background with a bachelor's or master's degree
- Minimum 5 years in a senior product development or similar role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present strategy and results to staff members at every level of the organization
- Unwavering team focus, and ability to create and maintain positive relationships within all levels of the organization
- Strong people manager with an appreciation for the importance of performance management and coaching
- High degree of empathy to understand the motivations and needs of various stakeholder groups
Azumo (formerly FLEx Lighting) is a breakthrough display technology company revolutionizing a $130 billion industry. It’s LCD 2.0™ reflective technology is the first in a generation of high performance displays that improve user experience and battery life for end users in consumer, medical, industrial, and educational markets. Azumo’s ultra-thin light transmission technology has 60+ patents and enables 10 times the battery savings compared to traditional LCDs. It combines high video rate capability with superior readability in bright sunlight conditions to eliminate glare. With a range of 1"-17" in size, Azumo displays can easily integrate into any device. For more information on Azumo, visit www.azumotech.com.