A BIT ABOUT AZUL 3D
Azul 3D is an early-stage, high growth company revolutionizing the field of manufacturing through 3D printing. Founded at Northwestern University, Azul 3D is rapidly growing its team to meet the demand for additive manufacturing solutions in Industry 4.0. Azul’s innovative technology is primed to meet the rapidly changing requirements in production plastics 3D printing at prices, scales, and throughputs competitive with traditional manufacturing. Today, we are known as “the only scalable, competitive manufacturing solution” in the field of 3D printing. We are looking to grow our company and our team with exceptionally talented, team focused, individuals like you.
We are looking for the highest caliber Senior Hardware Engineer to join a growing team of Mechanical and Electrical engineers as they develop and launch game-changing technology in the industrial 3D printing space. This is an ideal job for someone who has strong entrepreneurial drive who is equally passionate about learning and integrating hardware with software.
The Senior Hardware Engineer will ensure that engineering processes are fully executed and that concepts are turned into final customer ready products. It is critical that this person is a hands-on, creative problem solver. In addition, this individual will mentor a Mechanical and Electrical Engineers on product delivery while helping the team grow.
- Develop production ready 3D printer component and sub-system designs including mechanical, electrical, and mechatronic systems.
- Manage each phase of the project development process from prototyping to production delivering a finished product to our customers on time.
- Collaborate with Chemistry, Applications, and Software Teams to assist in meeting overall customer deliverables and business objectives.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU
- Three or more years of direct mechanical or electrical engineering experience.
- Demonstrated success delivering products from concept to reality.
- Demonstrated success collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to process and apply new engineering skills quickly.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience required.
HOW YOU’LL REALLY STAND OUT
- Expertise in mechatronics and embedded systems.
- Knowledge of optics, physics, and chemistry.
- Experience in the field of additive manufacturing.
- Experience in a production environment.
HERE IS HOW WE ANTICIPATE YOUR FIRST SIX MONTHS TO LOOK LIKE, AS YOU RAMP UP
Within one month, you will:
- Understand Azul 3D’s core technologies, technology roadmap, printers, and product development strategy.
- Socialize with the cross-functional team, understand each person’s area of expertise and skills spanning the hardware, software, materials, and product applications teams.
- Mentor the team in making critical design decisions on printer hardware.
Within three months, you will:
- Understand the printer and business model architecture.
- Develop strong understanding of the product development schedule and drive key analyses and decisions.
- Deliver manufacturing ready solutions.
Within six months, you will:
- Contribute positively to Azul 3D’s company culture.
- Deliver a production ready design of the current Beta printer.
- Engage in developing sustainable product development strategies for the future of Azul 3D.
A BIT MORE ABOUT AZUL 3D
Azul 3D has a beautiful open workspace where teams collaborate cross-functionally and in person. Our chemical, electrical, mechanical, and software engineers, work together continuously on solving the next technological breakthroughs. We’ve built an inclusive culture that is geared to embrace diversity, seek different points of view, and encourage creative thinking. We pride ourselves on our values and our commitment to the team.
Azul 3D is leading the way in high throughput additive manufacturing. Our products unlock new avenues for technological exploration, enable amazing creativity and discovery, and empower manufacturers to take the next step on the Industry 4.0 journey. Azul 3D is looking for great people, like you, to help us accelerate our growth and the next wave of manufacturing through 3D printing. We have some of the most forward-thinking and talented people on the planet working for us. If you're innovative and are ready to contribute to our team, we want to hear from you!
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous Paid Time Off and Flexible Holidays
- Potential Equity participation
Azul 3DTM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status