Azlo is a new fintech company that helps business owners, entrepreneurs, and freelancers pay, get paid, and manage their money. Backed by BBVA, we’re on a mission to transform small business banking.
We are seeking a General Manager to build out our new Mexico City Office and provide both people and technical leadership to a growing engineering team. This individual will be critical in helping Azlo build and deliver scalable, performant, and sustainable solutions while providing outstanding people management.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Lead engineers in both technical guidance and personnel management duties on a daily basis; this includes coaching, mentoring, and career path development.
- Recruit, retain, and grow a high performing engineering team, including Technical Leads, Back-End, Front-End, QA, Data, and DevOps engineers.
- Partner with US-based Azlo leadership to ensure that processes, practices, and core strategies are implemented and followed by employees in our Mexico City office; embrace and champion Azlo values and culture.
- Work closely with Product Management to understand requirements, devise technical solutions, and ensure alignment.
- Collaborate with Technical Lead Software Engineers to address challenges and propose new solutions to issues shared across the teams.
- Provide day-to-day operational support for scrum teams, including attending daily standups, facilitating regular scrum of scrums meetings, and guiding the teams in the right use of scrum for the Azlo environment.
- Responsible for helping the team to align on technical solutions to large problems and work with other teams and stakeholders to expand and inform our product roadmap.
- Be a contributor to the code base and lead by example.
- Enable your team to get stuff done! Ships!
- Other duties as required by the company.
What You’ll Bring
- 4+ years of experience growing and managing Agile engineering teams, in dynamic, complex, and fast-paced environments.
- Demonstrated capability to lead and execute independently with a high degree of ambiguity.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills, through conversation and focus on Azlo and scrum values.
- Strong proclivity for data-driven decision making.
- Ability to think and communicate creatively, thoughtfully, and proactively with diverse technical and non-technical stakeholders, across all organizational levels.
- Upper-Intermediate to Advanced English Proficiency; able to communicate confidently and effectively with native speakers.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject, or equivalent experience.
What We Bring
- High impact role in a rapidly growing, mission-based fintech company looking to make real change in the world.
- A passionate team with decades of experience in finance, tech, and startups.
- The stability of being backed by a leading global bank with resources to support our growth.
- The position is based in Mexico City.
- Please submit your application/resume in English.
- We are currently working remotely, but occasional travel and in-office days may be needed in the future.