Azlo is a new, quickly growing fintech company that helps business owners, entrepreneurs, and freelancers pay, get paid, and manage their money. Backed by BBVA, we’re seeking to transform small business banking. In short, we’re here to help small businesses survive and thrive.
We are looking for a Director of Product Management to take Azlo’s Banking Products to the next level, driving the overall strategy, vision, and implementation. This is a role that requires significant responsibility, creativity, and technical expertise, while collaborating with groups across the company.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee the Banking Product Team's efforts across all product initiatives, partnering with design, engineering, and data counterparts to ensure strong execution from concept through launch and beyond.
- Drive product strategy and innovation with the successful delivery of roadmaps.
- Manage the Banking roadmap, project planning, and task prioritization, while working across the entire product team in support of an outstanding customer experience.
- Provide overall direction for Banking Product Management.
- Be a consistent champion for the customer.
- Apply and further develop new approaches to product management, based on industry best practices, including agile product development methodologies.
- Identify the need for analysis of customer behavior changes (for example, spikes in revenus, abandonment, engagement) and their relationship to the product experience.
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of current and emerging technologies, and product management practices, to isolate problems and recommend solutions.
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in digital trends and competitor innovations.
- Establish and track relevant experience benchmarks and KPIs for specific inflection points in the Banking products.
- Turn customer insights into product requirements and retention potential.
- Lead by knowing the customer and what drives engagement and loyalty for our customer segments.
- Drive future-state visioning of banking experiences.
What You’ll Bring
- 4+ years of product management team leadership experience.
- 3+ years of driving and executing product strategy for a digital banking or payment product.
- 3+ years of experience in the financial technology sector.
- Highly analytical, using data to make decisions and comfortable gathering it yourself
- Results-oriented. You can cut to the core of a problem, identify what needs to be done and work with the teams to get products launched.
- Innovative mindset - Problem-solving proclivity.
- Strength in both written and verbal communications within all levels of an organization.
- An entrepreneurial attitude and the ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment on multiple concurrent projects where team members are based in multiple locations.
- Competitive knowledge of the financial technology landscape.
What We Bring
- High impact role in an early-stage fintech company.
- A passionate team with decades of experience in finance, tech, and startups.
- A mission to empower business owners, and a mandate to do away with the old models of banking.
- Backing from a leading global bank with resources to support our growth.
- Position can be based in Portland, Oregon or San Francisco, California.