Azlo is a new fintech company that helps business owners, entrepreneurs, and freelancers pay, get paid, and manage their money. Backed by BBVA, we’re on a mission to transform small business banking.
We are seeking a Sr. Manager of Fraud Operations to lead and oversee our operational fraud team in mitigating transactional risk while appropriately balancing growth and customer experience with potential losses.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to continuously update and set the standard fraud policies at Azlo to ensure business objectives are consistently met.
- Translate fraud policies into actionable processes to ensure accurate actions by the team and exceptional customer experiences.
- Partner with Customer Operations and Fraud Policy leadership to review, develop, and document operational procedures as part of risk tools, including account-decisions, monitoring criteria, etc.
- Think ahead of where Azlo is at now and scale teams, products, and processes to ensure business objectives are continuously met.
- Partner with Product and Analytics teams to continuously improve our processes and ensure the accuracy of our detection.
- Collaborate with Azlo legal and compliance teams.
- Communicate and report overall status, primary metrics, key issues, and solution plans to senior management.
What You’ll Bring
- 4 - 8+ years of fraud experience in a financial environment.
- 3+ years of leadership experience directly managing fraud operations team(s).
- Direct experience setting team goals and KPI’s and creating accountability.
- Proven ability to build and maintain fraud processes, policies and procedures from the ground up.
- Deep understanding of the entire fraud workflow (sources, disputes, payment systems, bank processes, etc), as well as working knowledge of common fraud-prevention platforms and systems.
- Proven experience effectively managing multiple KPI's, projects, and initiatives in a rapidly changing environment.
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to synthesize complex topics and create compelling narratives for various audiences.
- High level of accountability and ownership.
What We Bring
- High impact role in a rapidly growing, mission-based fintech company looking to make real change in the world.
- A killer team with decades of experience in finance, tech, and startups.
- The stability of being backed by a leading global bank with resources to support our growth.
This position is located in Portland, Oregon but we are currently working from home.